Flag Dispute

Keep it clean and civil!
glorkar
Flag Dispute

Post by glorkar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:42 am

Caught this on yahoo this morning and thought of you Dudleygrunt:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20 ... he-country
It's an article about the Gadsden Flag and a dispute to fly it.
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Flag Dispute

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:17 am

Thanks. Yeah, I'm sure that a lot of people don't realize it's connection to American history and assume is uniquely associated with the Tea Party movement. I've been a fan of it for years, particularly since 9/11.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

czar7

Post by czar7 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Good grief...it's not even politically incorrect!

Well...then again..in today's world it might be. Ugh.

Mother Wolf

Post by Mother Wolf » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:02 am

Ya'll know what a can of worms this topic is...........be it just about the flag proper or Home Owners Assoc.? Most HOA's I think are run by folks who don't have real lives & are looking for power, someplace! Every day we seem to have to fight for our freedoms more & more.

Here's 1 for thought for ya's. Government now wants to have a say in who can & can't go to school to improve themselves to be able to get better jobs because the jobs they had either no longer exists or have had to cut WAY back. How smart is that decision? Or do our politicians just want more dumb people out there that dont know or understand what 'THEY' are doing. Just a thought!

BlindTyldak

Post by BlindTyldak » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Mother Wolf wrote: Here's 1 for thought for ya's. Government now wants to have a say in who can & can't go to school to improve themselves to be able to get better jobs because the jobs they had either no longer exists or have had to cut WAY back. How smart is that decision? Or do our politicians just want more dumb people out there that dont know or understand what 'THEY' are doing. Just a thought!
I was recently informed by the state that my choice in schooling (having returned after being laid off) is not considered to be valuable or immediately necessary in today's workplace. I'm currently going to school for Environmental Technology. *headdesk*

Previously I was schooled in Radio Engineering, so I can edit a mean commercial using magnets and razor blades instead of a computer, replace vacuum tubes in broadcasters, and run connections between sound systems that don't use USB cables. Not a really necessary skill any more, but apparently it's considered more valuable than environmental tech. O.o

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Sighh...
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

mrcanoehead224

Post by mrcanoehead224 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Mother Wolf wrote:Or do our politicians just want more dumb people out there that dont know or understand what 'THEY' are doing. Just a thought!
I believe that's what they're hoping for.
BlindTyldak wrote:...my choice in schooling ... is not considered to be valuable or immediately necessary in today's workplace.
That happened here in Alberta in the mid-90s with nurses. They were kindly told (more through govt. cutbacks) that there skills were not required. Loads of them found they were required in places like Hawaii, Texas, Florida, the Middle East. I know nurses that have been to each of those places and a couple have not returned. Our healthcare system is now in pretty bad shape because of short sighted penny pinching in the 90s. Which actually brings me back to Mother Wolf's point about a 'dumbening' of society so they can continue to get away with doing stupid things.