My review of the new Linkin Park album

Keep it clean and civil!
glorkar
My review of the new Linkin Park album

Post by glorkar » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:01 am

New Linkin Park CDs are generally highly anticipated. Their latest release, A Thousand Suns, is both disappointing and anticlimactic.

Track 3
Burning In The Skies
This sappy track is easy on the ears. It is melodic and cohesive.

Track 5
When They Come For Me
Funky Baliwood track with catchy tribal drum beats.

Track 6
Robot Boy
Four and a half minutes of nothing. Should not be considered a track.

Track 8
Waiting For The End
Okay, but forgettable. Offers nothing new.

Track 9
Blackout
This song is a little confusing. The vocals come on heavy, almost angry. The instrumentals however are more upbeat and happy. And if that isn't enough, the track is finished off with a balladesc chant that doesn't mesh with any part of the rest of the song.

Track 10
Wretches And Kings
Disparity of moods between verses and chorus lead to more confussion. If the chorus was toned down a bit, it would be a much better song.

Track 12
Iridescent
This track is happy, mellow and overall a very enjoyable track. Could very well be next hit track.

Track 14
The Catalyst
Dull and unmoving. Has an almost carnival feel to it. A B-side track at

best.

Track 15
The Messenger
The acoustic instrumentals are beautiful, however the vocal feel forced. They should have been sung rather than yelled.

All other tracks are either sound bytes or short clips. If it wasn't listed above, it isn't a song.

Overall the album seemed preachy and unrefined. It could quite possibly alienate some fans and leave others questioning the future of LP's music. I highly recommend previewing this disc before purchasing.
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"