Geocaches - A free ios app compatible with OCNA

Discuss the iPhone and the Apps
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
Geocaches - A free ios app compatible with OCNA

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:54 pm

And of course compatible with the other OKAPI nodes, .pl, .de, .nl and .org.uk. Created by Russian developer Yuriy Lukyanets, it also supports Geocaching.com and Geocaching.su. Support for Geocaching Buddy 4 OC was abandoned a couple years ago, so it's nice to have a free iphone app out there for OC. Apparently support for OC came with a late August update to the app.

Geocaches for ios

It's been a little slow with news around here, so I'm going to post this development on Latest News on the main page, along with reminding people we've been compatible with c:geo since April 2014.
ImageImage

JJMLibrary

Re: Geocaches - A free ios app compatible with OCNA

Post by JJMLibrary » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:04 pm

I had an issue with Geocaches that was easily resolved, but I thought it might be useful to share the information here. When I first tried to use it and selected opencaches.us as the source, it did not offer me the login screen. I found the solution in a note on the app's iTunes page:
]If you have account on one of Opencaching sites - please turn on Opencaching API in Settings of your device (Settings->GeoCaches->Opencching.XX API)
Once I did that, Geocaches took me right to the opencaching.us login page the next time I opened it.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:51 pm

JJMLibrary wrote:I had an issue with Geocaches that was easily resolved, but I thought it might be useful to share the information here. When I first tried to use it and selected opencaches.us as the source, it did not offer me the login screen. I found the solution in a note on the app's iTunes page:
]If you have account on one of Opencaching sites - please turn on Opencaching API in Settings of your device (Settings->GeoCaches->Opencching.XX API)
Once I did that, Geocaches took me right to the opencaching.us login page the next time I opened it.
Good to know, thanks! I don't have an iphone, and the last time I downloaded an app for testing purposes, the daughter didn't like it. :D So I have no experience with Geocaches, other than the author saying it works with OC Nodes.
ImageImage

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:06 am

Ahhhhh OK Thank you! I was baffled by this app not working for me

R of JARS

Post by R of JARS » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:45 pm

JJMLibrary wrote:
I thought I did that when I opened up the app. That is, there was a list of opencaching databases and I picked opencaching.us. All I got was a map with no OC caches and no way to get out of the map. So I quit trying to use the Geocaches app.

Thanks for sharing the info about Settings, now I can do spur-of-the-minute checks via my phone.