C:GEO

Apps and Android Phones
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
Re: C:GEO

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:04 pm

tripman1 wrote:
Mr.Yuck wrote: You'll have to explain force stop and restart to me. I'm still both an Android and c:geo newbie.
It is similar to kill command on linux. On my settings menu there is a manage applications menu and I can force stop of an app. When I launch the app again it restarts automatically and seems to refresh to the default settings.

On another note, I was in Florida using C:GEO and it worked great helping to find 3 OCUS caches in the area. However the fact that my own caches were around 1800 miles from me kept me from testing the finds/owned error.
Oh, thanks for that force stop and restart thing. ! Found it on my phone. Just a learning Android as I go along. I figure in about a year I'll know what I'm doing, for the most part. Oh, if you check back in here on occasion, I'll look into that Vantage Point thing using an explorist, eventually.
ImageImage

tripman1

Post by tripman1 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:31 pm

Looks like an update came out recently, but I can't see any changes for OCUS. I did try another app called LOCUS free (wouldn't recommend). I now have a new appreciation for c:geo. I am learning android as well, got my phone in May. Anything new you find out, please don't hesitate to post.
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:18 am

During our local Alternative to the Frog contest I used C:GEO every time I was out caching for OCNA.
Worked great. Far better than Columbus ever did.
Columbus worked for me in the past but I often had difficulty connecting it to the phones GPS and would get caches from where I was the last time it worked. Often had to retry repeatedly to get it to connect if it would at all. Once it connected it was fine but C:GEO was faster and easier.
C:GEO connected fast and reliably. Found that I needed to navigate with the GPS only for more accuracy if it was needed. That was a nice option that avoided GZ drift.

zstatman

Post by zstatman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:02 am

FYI: The new terracaching site is coming close to being up and running. As for c:geo, the TC site has an api interface on the to-do list and c:geo also knows so hopefully TC will be added soon

ZStatman
Montana 650
Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro Phone
"It is all in the search!"
Florida, USA

=========================================
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt (anonymous)