C:GEO

Apps and Android Phones
tripman1
Re: C:GEO

Post by tripman1 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Ok I'm trying this out and I can't figure out how to hide owned/found caches on the Live Map. It works for nearby, but not the map. I can toggle the owned/found for gc.com. It acts like it won't refresh the map data, even after enable/diasble live view. Can anyone with more experience help me figure this out?
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:26 pm

tripman1 wrote:Ok I'm trying this out and I can't figure out how to hide owned/found caches on the Live Map. It works for nearby, but not the map. I can toggle the owned/found for gc.com. It acts like it won't refresh the map data, even after enable/diasble live view. Can anyone with more experience help me figure this out?
I see archived caches too. However, not only am I an 8 day c:geo user, I'm also an 8 day Android user. :D Any insight DudleyGrunt? If this is in fact a "bug" that affects us, we can post to their github page.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu May 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Allright, a day and a half later, I agree Tripman. I know exactly how to turn off your hides and finds now, and it works for Geocaching.com, but on our site, it only turns off your finds, and the hides remain. I will start a thread on that on their github page. In the meantime, myself and DudleyGrunt need to get together and talk about our "added" cache types such as BIT caches, Guestbook caches, etc. I haven't looked at the others yet, but BIT caches have an icon with ?? inside them, and they are actually called virtuals if you go to the description for one.

EDIT: Hides issue reported on GitHub: https://github.com/cgeo/cgeo/issues?dir ... state=open
ImageImage

tripman1

Post by tripman1 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:41 pm

It clutters up my area to see my hides in the way and I don't feel like marking my hides as finds, but since I will probably only use this when I am out of my own area, it might work until they can fix the bug. You also made me curious about the bit cache type so I tried to look up OU0704. It pulled up up fine, but I see what you mean by calling it a virtual. Hopefully the bugs will get worked out soon.
Last edited by tripman1 on Fri May 02, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Fri May 02, 2014 10:32 pm

Just saw an update on the app and thought about this thread. I didn't see what it did before the update but this is what it does now.
On the live map I checked the "hide own/found" and that is exactly what it did. ... to a point. It hid found and own GC caches but not own OCNA caches.

Sent from the brewery

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat May 03, 2014 8:55 am

tripman1 wrote:It clutters up my area to see my hides in the way and I don't feel like marking my hides as finds, but since I will probably only use this when I am out of my own area, it might work until they can fix the bug. You also made me curious about the bit cache type so I tried to look up OU0704. It pulled up up fine, but I see what you mean by calling it a virtual. Hopefully the bugs will get worked out soon.
Looked into already, and unfortunately, no immediate fix, it appears to be an OKAPI wide problem with "owner detection". In other words, it's not working correctly (the c:geo devs words) even on the much higher traffic opencaching.de and opencaching.pl sites. They thanked me for reporting it though, but I was given no timetable on a fix, nor was it mentioned that the OKAPI developers from opencaching.pl need to do something. Link to my specific thread at GitHub: https://github.com/cgeo/cgeo/issues/3809.

Have all your local owned caches been found, Tripman? I noticed after I opened the ticket that with owned/found caches turned on, 3 never found BIT's I placed in NW Ohio, didn't show, as well as 2 virtuals and a Guestbook in Ohio and Indiana that likewise have never been found. To confuse things even further, an Indiana Virtual of mine that has been found once wasn't showing.
ImageImage

tripman1

Post by tripman1 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:26 pm

Thanks Mr. Yuck, hope it will be fixed sooner than later. As far as my caches found or not it doesn't seem to make any sense. I have a found an unfound within .2 miles of each other and they both show on the Live Map. I also have a virtual in Oregon and it wouldn't show on LIve Map, but once I stored it, it showed up. I then dropped it from the stored file and it stayed on the map. I was able to hide/show my OCUS finds in Oregon so this really is acting strange.
ImageImage

tripman1

Post by tripman1 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:19 pm

It seems that if I force stop and then restart the app, it acts like a "refresh" and live map seems to act like it is supposed to. Make sure you don't clear memory, or you will have to enter your log in credentials and any settings again.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:57 pm

tripman1 wrote:It seems that if I force stop and then restart the app, it acts like a "refresh" and live map seems to act like it is supposed to. Make sure you don't clear memory, or you will have to enter your log in credentials and any settings again.
You'll have to explain force stop and restart to me. I'm still both an Android and c:geo newbie.
ImageImage

tripman1

Post by tripman1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:17 pm

Mr.Yuck wrote: You'll have to explain force stop and restart to me. I'm still both an Android and c:geo newbie.
It is similar to kill command on linux. On my settings menu there is a manage applications menu and I can force stop of an app. When I launch the app again it restarts automatically and seems to refresh to the default settings.

On another note, I was in Florida using C:GEO and it worked great helping to find 3 OCUS caches in the area. However the fact that my own caches were around 1800 miles from me kept me from testing the finds/owned error.
ImageImage