Agloe, NY & Other Paper Towns

General Information About Geocaching
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Agloe, NY & Other Paper Towns

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:20 am

Interesting article and a potential idea for series of caches.

An Imaginary Town Becomes Real, Then Not. True Story
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Agloe, NY & Other Paper Towns

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:40 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:Interesting article and a potential idea for series of caches.

An Imaginary Town Becomes Real, Then Not. True Story
That is an awesome story. I don't see any other ones mentioned in the article though. I'm going to say I passed within a couple miles of Algoe once in my entire life (it's about 2 miles off of State Route 17, which is being slowly upgraded to Interstate 86). I never take that way to or from the New York City area, and the only time I ever have, I kid you not, it was to pick up a Travel Bug in the Catskills on the way home from Central New Jersey that had a final goal of the next town over from me. The TB owner from Central New Jersey alerted me to where it was. And I'll guess I blew past Algoe about 7:00 PM on a winters night.

There is a Groundspeak Cache at the site of Algoe, placed in 2009, but it's just a plain ol' ammo box at a State Fishing access area, and mentions nothing about Algoe.

Hey, someone around here could always place an armchair virtual, we're not opposed to that with the modern technology available. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:28 pm

That's weird. I didn't see that one earlier. I tried to do a Google search for "Paper Towns", but I had trouble finding anything other than John Green's book of the same title.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:27 pm

That really is a cool story. I had never heard about any thing like that before.