How many people do you cache with?

General Information About Geocaching
glorkar
How many people do you cache with?

Post by glorkar » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:01 am

I tend to go caching on my own 99% of the time. It's pretty much when I have some free time or just want to get out of the house. My girlfriend enjoys it, but her work schedule prevents us from going together most times.
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

jeffbouldin

Re: How many people do you cache with?

Post by jeffbouldin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:42 am

Since much of my caching is on trips or traveling around town, I'm on my own most of the time. When I do get some caching time at home I'll have a kid or three with me.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Most of the time, I'm on my own. However, I do enjoy caching with friends - usually up to three. CodyHollowFarm and coupleocachers are my most frequent caching partners, though I do need to get them on here.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Post by RVRoadTrip » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:31 pm

It is always the wife and me. We're always together anyway, so we cache together.

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:31 pm

My wife has accused me of taking her on a "death march" wile caching so Its just me 99% of the time :D

Borst68

Post by Borst68 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Much of the time it is just me. My wife goes along about 20% of the time. Our two daughters go along if we make them or there is cave involved. I have also dragged my Dad along on a couple of caching trips. To answer your question: Usually 1 but sometimes up to 4.

badlands

Post by badlands » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:47 pm

When I started I cached mostly solo but now I rarely cache solo preferring the social aspects of the game as much as the hunt itself.

Mother Wolf

Post by Mother Wolf » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:21 am

It's about 50-50 if i go alone or with my caching partner. If I go alone it is usually just locally for a couple of hours or to just grab a couple caches while Im out doing my weekly shopping. If its with my partner it is usually a full planned day & route. :)

Altered7151

Post by Altered7151 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:55 am

I usually cache either just by myself or with one other friend. When I go after the backcountry caches I feel a lot safer out with someone else, at least they can drag my bloody corpse back if something goes wrong ;). Although I was unemployed for a few months and started meeting with a weekly group and really enjoyed it, we focused on urban micros which normally aren't my favorite but it became much more about enjoying the people I was with.