New contest

General Information About Geocaching
TermiteHunter
Site Admin
New contest

Post by TermiteHunter » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:39 pm

The Greater Charlotte Geocaching Club is about to run our Laundry List Relay.

Basically a list of caches to find. Each week found caches are replaced with a cache recommended by the finder. Unfound caches gain in point value each week they remain infound.. we will of course be listing GC. Com caches with a dash of OCNA caches.

Since the OCNA caches will get less initial attention their point value will rise tempting a find by the participants.

I will do what I can to keep a few in the mix

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: New contest

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:59 pm

Thanks, TH!! I logged in, and found the announcement post by rvstauff. Awesome that they thought to include opencaching.us caches, we really appreciate it. I see it runs from Jan. 4th until early May. Keep us posted, and I'll log in myself once in a while, and see how it's going.
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:46 pm

Update. ..
We will start Jan 1
hopefully at midnight extending the first week.
GCGC members will receive an email with details at that time.
This is a local game but it could be duplicated in other areas

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:45 am

Well teh mail never went out about the contest (They had trouble getting it to mail to all) But the list is up. Of teh 10 or so caches on the initial list is 1 OCNA cache. A virtual that I listed during our previous Alternative to the Frog contest that is awaiting FTF.

Banshee: The Forge
http://opencaching.us/viewcache.php?cacheid=1866

If you watched Banshee on Cinemax this location will be familiar to you.
I've had a few filming locations as virtuals in the past for Homeland. Now that NC has cut the financial incentives to media there are not likely to be many more. Homeland has already left NC. Have yet to hear if Banshee will return.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:09 am

Sounds great. Thanks for the update!
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:43 pm

Message went out yesterday. The one OCNA cache has 1 find. I made another find so that I could list another OCNA cache for the next week.

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:07 am

We have a few finds including a couple moves for a moving cache. Still awaiting hide for the second move on the moving cache.
I need to get out and finds one so I can add another OCNA cache to the list now that two are on the way out.

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Att least one or two OCNA cache has been listed each week in the laundry list relay. Not all have been added by myself.

We even had one participant request an OCNA cache when one week it appeared that one would not be listed.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:29 am

TermiteHunter wrote:Att least one or two OCNA cache has been listed each week in the laundry list relay. Not all have been added by myself.

We even had one participant request an OCNA cache when one week it appeared that one would not be listed.
Going very well TH, we appreciate it. How did it come about that OCNA was included? I forgot, or never knew. We're seeing lots of logs (by our standards), and even some new people I'd not previously heard of.
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:08 pm

The admin of the relay is an OCNA cacher and has participated in other alternative activities. Plus if he fails to specify that only GC caches qualify he knows I'll include an OCNA cache anyway.

One participant has found most of the cache around him that he is able to and feels he needs an OCNA cache to compete.