Are Challenges Challenging You?

General Information About Geocaching
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Are Challenges Challenging You?

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:53 am

Some of the new Challenges are giving me something to work on with OCNA.

The Ultimate Monthly Cacher - I've learned that I have not yet found an OCNA ONLY cache for 12 consecutive months. I currently have a 4 month streak going. This gives me a goal to work on over the next 8 months. I hope to complete this one in July 2016.

Variety Show Hider (Level 3 & 4) - So far, I only own 10 cache types. I've been wanting to get others out anyway, but these challenges will help encourage me to finally get them out.

Same with Variety Show Extravaganza, but the only type I've not found is an MP3 / Podcache.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Re: Are Challenges Challenging You?

Post by TermiteHunter » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:16 pm

I still need to look at several of these to see how far off I am on them. I suspect that I will not get to claim many. I know I have yet to complete either variety show.
I started with the FTF Hound Challenge confident that I could get the first level but soon found I am well on my way to a level 3. I quit counting after 25 and added 2 from the challenges themselves.

I hope that several find they are already on their way to completing some of these challenges and just need to fill in a few missing pieces to make their claim.

I'm finding the research of my stats to determine if I qualify to be the greatest challenge

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:36 pm

TermiteHunter wrote:I'm finding the research of my stats to determine if I qualify to be the greatest challenge
Yeah. Wish we had bookmark lists. At least when I found certain caches met a challenge, I could save the list for easier reference later.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Bon Echo
Site Admin

Post by Bon Echo » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:24 am

On the one hand, I'd like to hide some of the less common cache types, like quiz and unknowns and maybe even a dead-drop or MP3. With the new challenges I was determined it was time to add these to my stats. yesterday I placed 3 new caches out . And then I remembered why I stick to traditionals (for the most part) when it comes to physical caches - probability. There's a low probability of any cache I hide around here being visited. It will be even lower if it is a multi or requires additional work (quiz or unknown). So I'll stick to traditionals. I plan to create some letterboxes to list on AtlasQuest and may also list those here.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:25 am

I've actually thought that some of the unique types might be more likely to get someone to try them out. I'm also looking to plant my first box soon and it will be on AQ and on here. Done well, maybe these could let boxers know that we are a better group of geocachers and maybe attract a few. As a fairly new boxer, I "PAF'd" a local, more experienced letterboxer and she was actually out caching with her kids.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image