New Benchmark cache type

General Information About Geocaching
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
Re: New Benchmark cache type

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:11 pm

TermiteHunter wrote:I do the GCGC twitter so I read it there.
I all also follow you on my account but don't keep up with much there.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
Oh, makes sense. And I doubt you'd ever comment on any of my posts as GCGC, such as me tweeting pictures of my hospital food, or saying I was the youngest Effer on the entire hip/knee replacement floor for 4 days. :D
ImageImage

Bon Echo
Site Admin

Post by Bon Echo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:23 pm

Hey Mr.Yuck, so glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you're home resting. I know this it's been on the radar for a while. Only a couple weeks off work??? I was off for 7 weeks after surgery on my foot, I assume a hip takes a bit longer to heal up that a foot does. Take it easy.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:54 pm

Bon Echo wrote:Hey Mr.Yuck, so glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you're home resting. I know this it's been on the radar for a while. Only a couple weeks off work??? I was off for 7 weeks after surgery on my foot, I assume a hip takes a bit longer to heal up that a foot does. Take it easy.

Ah, another naysayer, eh? :lol: Don't worry, everyone I've ever known, from friends to immediate family to relatives to co-workers is included. The hip is actually a rather large joint, which doesn't have a lot of motion, compared to say a knee, or especially a foot. What does a foot have, about 100 moving parts?? I was on a "hip and knee" floor at the hospital, and it is said that knee surgery takes at least twice as long to recover from than hip surgery. I saw these people in physical therapy, their scar is about 14" long, and when they're asked to move a towel on the floor with their foot the first day or two, they're lucky if they can move it an inch. I had the anterior approach, i.e. minimally invasive hip surgery. The average person goes back to work with that after 4 weeks. It used to be 6 weeks average with "old fashioned" hip replacement, with a foot long incision around the outside of the hip, and muscles are cut to get the prosthesis in. So I'm going to roll at 3 weeks, and my Doc thinks I'm going to be totally fine, seeing as I'm "young" (53), and in relatively good shape as well. I mean yeah, I've gained a lot of weight, but I'm no complete obese lard arse or anything. I used to hike; play hockey; go Geocaching; etc..

Plus, I want the 2nd week in April off for vacation, which I haven't told work about yet. I figure no problem with that if I'm only out 3 weeks. So Doctors appointment on Monday the 30th, and I think I'm looking pretty good here.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Off topic enough? Here's a testimonial from "Michele", on hipreplacement.com, who had the anterior (minimally invasive) approach as I did. Active, young (59) realtor, she was back at work in a week, and driving at 2 weeks. I plan to start both at 2 2/3 weeks (I'm going in on a Thursday).
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:37 pm

Still off topic (WHERE ARE THE ADMINS?)

I saw a Painted Rock today. Almost stopped to add it as a listing on OCNA. It was a bit plain as it was only painted white but it should make a fine addition to our database. Those guys will approve anything anyway won't they?

So how's the hip? Dancing around Benchmarks at the rehab office yet? Might be a few more weeks before you can twerk or whatever they are doing now.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:38 am

TermiteHunter wrote:Still off topic (WHERE ARE THE ADMINS?)

I saw a Painted Rock today. Almost stopped to add it as a listing on OCNA. It was a bit plain as it was only painted white but it should make a fine addition to our database. Those guys will approve anything anyway won't they?

So how's the hip? Dancing around Benchmarks at the rehab office yet? Might be a few more weeks before you can twerk or whatever they are doing now.
I've been driving since Monday, 13 days after surgery. Don't worry, not overdoing it. only 1, 2 or 3 errands a day, so far. I will return to work (office job) Mon., Feb. 6th. Basically, that will be 3 weeks off. The surgery was on a Tuesday, and I worked half a day that Monday. No Benchmarks or Painted rocks, but I am definitely dabbing:

Dabbing Video
ImageImage

KnowsOpie

Post by KnowsOpie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:31 pm

TermiteHunter wrote:Still off topic (WHERE ARE THE ADMINS?)

Real question is, where are the non-admin members? We have like what, four regulars that post here in the forums, two admins and two members?

I believe I could come up with a painted rock that would make a nice addition here and may support a BIT or traditional.
Anyone else here ever visited Judaculla Rock? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaculla_Rock It's listed as an EarthCache, really something to see.

Publish anything? No, I don't think so anymore after you rejected mine for being 59 feet away from a GC listing unless it was a BIT cache that promotes OCNA. :roll:
Now I'm more careful with proximity.... and just change the coordinates after my listings are accepted. :lol:

Mr.Yuck, with those buggered up dates on the blog site, be careful behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. :mrgreen:

BM's as a new cache type, other than myself and Bon Echo, was there much interest in them?
Nutty as a Squirrel Turd

KnowsOpie

Post by KnowsOpie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:38 pm

Mr.Yuck wrote:
I've been driving since Monday, 13 days after surgery. Don't worry, not overdoing it. only 1, 2 or 3 errands a day, so far. I will return to work (office job) Mon., Feb. 6th. Basically, that will be 3 weeks off. The surgery was on a Tuesday, and I worked half a day that Monday. No Benchmarks or Painted rocks, but I am definitely dabbing:

Dabbing Video
Dabbing? Glad you linked the video. I first thought I figured out how those dates got so buggered up on the blog site. :o
http://www.leafly.com/news/pop-culture/ ... abis-consu
Nutty as a Squirrel Turd

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:46 pm

KnowsOpie wrote:
Mr.Yuck wrote:

Dabbing Video
Dabbing? Glad you linked the video. I first thought I figured out how those dates got so buggered up on the blog site. :o
http://www.leafly.com/news/pop-culture/ ... abis-consu
Yes indeed, I buggered up those dates, didn't I? Even with only 6 entries, you didn't win, by the way. Sorry, maybe next time. :D
ImageImage

KnowsOpie

Post by KnowsOpie » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:26 am

Mr.Yuck wrote:
KnowsOpie wrote:
Mr.Yuck wrote: Yes indeed, I buggered up those dates, didn't I? Even with only 6 entries, you didn't win, by the way. Sorry, maybe next time. :D
I was waiting to find out before I bought it for my Kindal. :D Darn good price there for a good read. ;)
Nutty as a Squirrel Turd