A Guide - "Take Pride in your Hide"

General Information About Geocaching
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
A Guide - "Take Pride in your Hide"

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:04 pm

The following was written in March / April 2010 by TwoWheelIn, a member of the Northern Virginia Geocaching Organziation (NoVAGO). While it was primarily written with geocaching.com and Northern VA in mind, much of it is useful to any cache hider and any listing site.
There are no "rules" in Geocaching...only Guidelines, and the following chapters are presented for your information, and to highlight some of those guidelines. I certainly don't know all there is to know about the pastime, but I've been involved for a very long time -- "guys talk, ya see things, and I get around" :wink: Newcomers to geocaching may find this information, and the associated tips, reminders, and links helpful...while Old Timers might spot something new, or that jogs their memory. Geocaching has grown by leaps and bounds, and one thing is for sure...it is imperative that we all follow the established guidelines so that the pastime we enjoy continues to be recognized as a legitimate recreational activity. The individual chapters below were each published separately in the General Discuss Forum...they remain open for discussion, and I will review them from time to time and incorporate any pertinent comments/suggestions here in this "stickie" The information presented in italics is my personal opinion...take it for what you think it's worth. I hope you find this "Guide" useful....I’ve enjoyed putting it together. Be well, cache on…and play the game your own way!
The Full Guide in One Place

If you would like to see the original posts with user comments...
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

caughtatwork

Re: A Guide - "Take Pride in your Hide"

Post by caughtatwork » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 pm

You don't have permission to access /forum/viewtopic.php on this server. :cry:

glorkar

Post by glorkar » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:08 pm

I can see all of them just fine :shrugs:
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:33 pm

Also, I can access them from both IE and Safari, where I'm not logged into NoVAGO.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image