Idea for a little Fundraiser

General Information About Geocaching
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
Re: Idea for a little Fundraiser

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:03 pm

Sorry, I've been meaning to reply to this thread for weeks, keep forgetting. Count me in for a set.
ImageImage

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Post by RVRoadTrip » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:18 pm

The easiest way to fund the site is to click an ad every now and then. :)

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Any more talk about these? Ready to get them going? We need more OCUS stuff!
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:13 pm

NativTxn wrote:Any more talk about these? Ready to get them going? We need more OCUS stuff!
I"m still getting settled in. But yes I would eventually like to see lots of OC stuff. Did anyone ever come up with a design for a pathtag? I have talked with them regarding using the fund raising option in the past and they will do it for new people but they prefer to see an order go in that is funded by the organization first. They are very nice and easy to work with.

I would like to see more swag focused things to start off. I'm sure we all use other caching sites as well. What I intend to do is make a small business card up with the website on it and place them in GC.com caches to advertise. Pathtags would do the same thing. Fundraising is good, it helps pay the bills but I really want to get the word out there and if we can drop OCUS swag in GC caches that would be great.
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:07 pm

How about simply using the OCUS logo - complete with "Opencaching.US" under it on a white background?
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:40 pm

I admit to letting things get in the way. Yeah, I was thinking that something very similar to THIS ONE from OCUK, but with "US" (or "North America") at the end, would be a good first one. I would like to do OCUS as a commemoration our our first year, though.

I'll will get back on this and get it going.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:05 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:I admit to letting things get in the way. Yeah, I was thinking that something very similar to THIS ONE from OCUK, but with "US" (or "North America") at the end, would be a good first one. I would like to do OCUS as a commemoration our our first year, though.

I like the idea of OCUS for the first one for the exact reason you stated... to commemorate the first year and the next one and the rest moving forward can be NA or North America.
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:12 pm

I've contacted The Geocoin Store about doing an OCUS tag as a fundraiser and about creating an OpenCaching Network Tag Back.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:09 am

DudleyGrunt wrote:I admit to letting things get in the way. Yeah, I was thinking that something very similar to THIS ONE from OCUK, but with "US" (or "North America") at the end, would be a good first one. I would like to do OCUS as a commemoration our our first year, though.

Took me forever to find this thread, aftter reading about all the various new swag available over on the Opencaching website forum. Any update? Because I think this sounds excellent, the 20 Pathtags for $20 fundraiser thing. And this is the first I ever actually went to the website, and checked it out. Oddly, I don't see the ones NativeTexan was talking about that her group did. Could be they're sold out though.
ImageImage