Once the H8ing starts I'm out!

General Information About Geocaching
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Re: Once the H8ing starts I'm out!

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:43 am

Sniperchicken wrote:So in short, the term geocaching is for all of us.
Amen.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

idratherbeinthewoods

Post by idratherbeinthewoods » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:51 pm

snoogans wrote:I firmly believe in competition for geocaching listings. I'm glad this has gotten started.

However, Terracaching & Navicaching became the place for rejects to go and post hateful crap about the big green geocaching listing service and its loyal members.

Once that was pretty much allowed to go on at TC.com, folks like me bailed out and hardly looked back.

I hope that doesn't happen here and if it does, I will certainly be looking to see how it's handled.

Speaking honestly, I don't know if I'll spend much time opencaching right now, but I wish this endeavor luck. It seems to be working in Europe, or so I hear.
Then at least archive your Terracaches!
I'll See You On The Darkside Of The Moon
My caches are not cross listed on any other site

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:31 pm

I guess he'd have had to look back to archive them.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

BlueStone

Post by BlueStone » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:02 pm

As to "bashing" GS, as much as I dont like, or think much of other people's opinions, I DO believe people have a right to discuss what they don't like about something, whether I agree or not.

I do believe that if you are going to "bash" something, you also have an obligation to present as many facts and evidence to back up your opinion. That is what discussion is all about.
When things get heated, and out of hand, or someone throws out unsabstantiated opinions, thats what I would call "bashing" and "hating".

I have quite a few things I dont like about the way GS has developed. I would hope that I can freely discuss them on any forum. I know I wouldnt be able to on GC's forums... LOL

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm

BlueStone wrote:When things get heated, and out of hand, or someone throws out unsabstantiated opinions, thats what I would call "bashing" and "hating".
That is pretty much what I would consider "bashing".
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Shilo

Post by Shilo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm definitely not here to bash geocaching.com or any other listing site. I like alternatives and competition because competition helps us all in the long run making all listing services better to use.

I will make comparisons between them and us here on what I like and dislike about each, but I don't feel that is h8ting at all.

Geocaching.com will probably be around forever and I will use it and this site as well.