Navicache.com for Sale

General Information About Geocaching
TermiteHunter
Site Admin
Re: Navicache.com for Sale

Post by TermiteHunter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:49 pm

The few here are some distance from the city and the nearest have long since been archived on gc.

I was thinking more of the members themselves rather than their caches. They are already alternative cachers of sorts. While they're are no caches or members nearby I thought there may be some actuve areas on the continent just as the is with OCNA. .

If that is the total world wide then they may not have been even as successful as OCNA has in its 5 years. Seems that there was more activity in Europe

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:16 am

TermiteHunter wrote:The few here are some distance from the city and the nearest have long since been archived on gc.

I was thinking more of the members themselves rather than their caches. They are already alternative cachers of sorts. While they're are no caches or members nearby I thought there may be some actuve areas on the continent just as the is with OCNA. .

If that is the total world wide then they may not have been even as successful as OCNA has in its 5 years. Seems that there was more activity in Europe

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk
Yes, 7,953 is the world wide total. I remember it being higher a few years back, so people do actually archive listings over there sometimes. I know I archived about 40. Two more days left in 2015, but we'll go ahead and assume Navicache is going to have a zero cache year.

By the way, we were at 440, our 3rd best of our 6 years. And up from the all-time low of 177 in 2014. :D
ImageImage

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Yup a zero year for a once cool oldschool site. To bad, the forum has agonal breathing too, last post was by some white guy on 6 October

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:02 pm

Sabrefan7 wrote:Yup a zero year for a once cool oldschool site. To bad, the forum has agonal breathing too, last post was by some white guy on 6 October
Yeah, I actually just reached out to a guy from Pittsburgh who got mad at the Frog, and moved all his caches there in like 2010. He only seems mildly interested though, and most of the caches have expired permits anyways.

I'm shocked their forums aren't totally full of spam, it's not like there is an active Admin. But forum spam worldwide was way down in 2015 (there's actually a website with stats for that).
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Fri May 20, 2016 8:55 am

Navicache still hasn't published a cache since November 2014, about a year and a half. However, some guy from Germany posted in their forums in late March saying he submitted one 4 months prior, and it was never approved. This confirms there are still a handful being submitted, but the owners aren't even looking at the site. Then a month later, PCMedic, one of the founders of the site, and the guy who ran it alone the last 5 or so years before selling, weighs in. Then yet a month later, some guy named "whiteurkel" weighs in. :ugeek:

http://www.navicache.com/cgi-bin/ib312a ... =23;t=1728
ImageImage