Great Day Caching (Sat., 3/31)

General Information About Geocaching
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Great Day Caching (Sat., 3/31)

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:57 am

This past Saturday, I planned to head to Southern Maryland (SoMD) to find the two 2012 Cache Across Maryland (CAM) caches in that part of the state. I had one TerraCaching DNF to rectify and then figured I could head across the Potomac via US 301 and make my way toward Fredericksburg, VA to pick up a couple more TerraCaches and some OCNA caches.

I posted a couple weeks ahead of time in the Maryland Geocaching Society forums to see if anyone was interested in joining me for my day of CAM, TC, and OCNA caching. CycleAngela was my sole reply. We headed out (with her border collie, Princess) early and had a great day. We even found 2 letterboxes, while we were at it and met up with CachewKnutz at his "History Knutz: VA Belle" TC.

This was the first time I've ever done any "alternative" caching with anyone other than my son. I'll be sure to post similar invites in the future. I'm planning a trip out to Western Maryland in a week or two to get the CAM and OCNA caches out that way and check on a couple old, long unfound Navicaches.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image