900+

General Information About Geocaching
NativTxn
Site Admin
900+

Post by NativTxn » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:11 pm

We hit the 900 mark and passed it. We're on the way to the 4-digit mark. We need more than a handful of hiders though. I'm quite sure everyone is capable of doing at least one. Help grow the map!
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: 900+

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue May 01, 2012 8:30 am

Let's see if we can hit 1000, by the end of the month. It's an aggressive goal, but I'm going to see if I can get 10 new ones out, myself. I've got a couple of themed series and should be able to add to them.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: 900+

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue May 01, 2012 9:04 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:Let's see if we can hit 1000, by the end of the month. It's an aggressive goal, but I'm going to see if I can get 10 new ones out, myself. I've got a couple of themed series and should be able to add to them.
At the rate they were published in April, anything is possible. I do know a guy who has only one OCNA hide, and it was a vacation virtual published last month, who, inspired by GOF, wants to do some Bit Caches. I will keep him on his toes, and make sure he does it. I have plans of adding to my 2 Bit Caches along a 4 mile long or so bike trail in Niagara Falls, and making a 5 or 10 cache mini power trail. But of course I don't always follow through on my threats. :mrgreen:

Oh, when I re-did those two Bit Caches last night, and marked them "ready for search" the number went up by 2. In case anyone didn't notice, when you mark a cache as "temporarily unavailable", equivalent to what they call "disabled" at Geocaching.com, it removes them from the number of active caches.
ImageImage