Hiders & Seekers Unlimited Contest

General Information About Geocaching
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Hiders & Seekers Unlimited Contest

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Image Following the success of her initial "Diversified Cacher" contest, NativTxn has announced that she will be launching another contest, starting July 1. This time around, it will be called the "Hiders & Seekers Unlimited" contest.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Hiders & Seekers Unlimited Contest

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:14 pm

The following are either specific to the OpenCaching Network or to types only available (as far as I know) on OCNA, in particular.
11. Find any cache on any Opencaching Network site.
12. Place a cache on any Opencaching Network site.
22. Place a Guest Book cache.
23. Place a BIT cache.
25. Find one of [NativTxn's] caches on Opencaching.US.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:12 am

You two are too nice to Garmin, NT including it in the contest, and DG posting it to their forums. If I were in your position DG, I would not so much as even utter their name. Umm, wait a minute, you can't do that in this case, never mind. :D I'm surprised we have never seen any Waymarking in the contest. I actually logged about 15 last week. Would you consider including it next time, NT?

Hmm, I do have one more vacation virtual to submit, but probably won't get to it until Sunday (July 1st). I'm not doing that on purpose, really! I also remember finding I could do one of NT Terracaching locationless caches about 5 miles from home, hopefully I'll get to that. Man, I'm all over the place here. Just some random thoughts I guess.
ImageImage

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Honestly? I kind of forget about Waymarking. If I do a virtual, I'd just as soon do it on a regular listing site. I've done some, but I forget to check their site very often.

As far as the Garmin site...last time I did the contest, they volunteered to donate some prizes.
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:40 am

NativTxn wrote:Honestly? I kind of forget about Waymarking. If I do a virtual, I'd just as soon do it on a regular listing site. I've done some, but I forget to check their site very often.

As far as the Garmin site...last time I did the contest, they volunteered to donate some prizes.
Oh. Then again, you probably asked them. Me, I'd never talk to them. :lol:

Yeah, you could argue Waymarking isn't Geocaching, but neither is Munzee. But with the emphasis on alternative sites, placing or finding virtuals works fine. The Waymarking would just be something else to make people do, I suppose. So it's July 1st, I'd better get cracking. And remember to send my entry in on time this time.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Oh, another idea for the next time NT (if you're interested, of course). Gpsgames.org, founded in 2002, has been accepting Geocache listings since 2006. But they only have listed a whopping 722 in 6 years, and that includes archived ones. I can tell this because the waypoint names are Hexidecimal, and I just looked at the last placed cache. Which ironically enough was placed by GOF. Their game "Geodashing", which changes every month, has a nice little cult following, and will probably never go away.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:41 am

Note the entry deadline is AUGUST 7th. Don't be thinking about it in the back of your head, and miss it by a day like I did last time.

I doubt I'll be a major factor, or win anything, but I was most certainly aware of the contest all month, and did a NativeTxn Terracaching locationless on July 29th.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:59 am

I ended up with 36/40 items. I chose not to place a Garmin OX cache, didn't get to a 5 star cache, never saw the FTF Magazine, and didnt' get to a CITO-style event.

I'm already looking forward to her next one.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

cycleangela

Post by cycleangela » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:10 am

I ended up with 38. I'm curious to see if anyone was able to get all 40.

Angela

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:02 pm

On a quick look, 16 +/- one or two. I only found 9 Groundspeak caches the whole month. That's quite pathetic. I will not forget to enter this time. Really. :)
ImageImage