Any Crosslisting between Opencaching websites?

General Information About Geocaching
tripman1
Any Crosslisting between Opencaching websites?

Post by tripman1 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:49 pm

I found a cache near Disneyland in Anaheim, CA - OC8549. However it is on the Opencaching.de site. Next time I visit Disneyland, I will search for it. My question concerns logging. It seems the Opencaching sites are not connected and I would have to set up an account and log it on the German site even though they are both Opencaching sites. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Any Crosslisting between Opencaching websites?

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:09 pm

There is an OC.DE "locationless" puzzle listed in DC. If I could figure out exactly what a "Laputian Salute" is supposed to be*, I could log it. I have accounts on DE and UK, but the find wouldn't show up in my US stats.

I know at one point, they were looking into unifying the sites more, but I don't think there has been much movement with that.

*You're supposed to post a picture giving it (under certain conditions) and on person has logged it (2006), but the link to their photo is no good. Searching online doesn't reveal anything and I've asked on FB, before, but no one seems to know.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

tripman1

Post by tripman1 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks DudleyGrunt. Looks like I will have to have an account on OC.DE as well. As far as the Laputian Salute, I vaguely remember that is was not good. Some thing like flipping the bird. Maybe that was the reason the photo is no longer there.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:21 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:There is an OC.DE "locationless" puzzle listed in DC. If I could figure out exactly what a "Laputian Salute" is supposed to be*, I could log it. I have accounts on DE and UK, but the find wouldn't show up in my US stats.

I know at one point, they were looking into unifying the sites more, but I don't think there has been much movement with that.

*You're supposed to post a picture giving it (under certain conditions) and on person has logged it (2006), but the link to their photo is no good. Searching online doesn't reveal anything and I've asked on FB, before, but no one seems to know.
Ha, I just noticed this locationless cache listed on Opencaching.de. I'll let the cat out of the bag, DG did find out what it is, and log it. Which is quite a feat, as the only things that come up on Google are in regard to that cache! This thread for example, how do you think *I* got here today? It appears that in 2006, the website laputa.de, which is linked to on the cache page, did show what it is, but that website is long gone. And don't go there, you'll get pop-ups from a domain squatter. I have a question, but I will contact DG via email.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:47 pm

Yeah, it was a fun - if pretty odd - one.

I could not get any info directly from the CO or his (dead) link. I posted around and finally got a couple pretty similar replies thru friends of friends on Facebook. Decided it was good enough and if CO didn't, he could contact me.

My photo, which the 3 subsequent loggers seem to have emulated...

Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image