2nd Anniversary Events

General Information About Geocaching
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
2nd Anniversary Events

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:22 am

OpenCaching.US was officially launched on August 18, 2010.

Beginning last year, the third Saturday in August is now International Geocaching Day. Thanks to Groundspeak, ironically.

Coincidentally, August 18 is a Saturday.

I would like to strongly encourage folks to host an event to celebrate both the anniversary of OpenCaching North America & International Geocaching Day.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: 2nd Anniversary Events

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:27 am

There is currently one OCNA event planned for August 18 - NoVAGO's Summer Down at the Neck (OU04B9). It's specific to neither of the significant items above, but I'm already planning to attend. NetworkCacher is both an active OCNA user and president of the Northern Virginia Geocaching Organization (NoVAGO) and chose to list their summer event on both GC.com and OpenCaching.

I may look at doing an evening event in Maryland for those not making it down to Northern Virginia.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:56 pm

I've put my event up - Happy (2nd) Birthday, OpenCachingNA! - OU04FB (pending). I thought it would be ironic and offer a chance to spread the word to crosslist it, too - International Geocaching Day Celebration - GC3R60P (pending).
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:41 am

DudleyGrunt wrote:I've put my event up - Happy (2nd) Birthday, OpenCachingNA! - OU04FB (pending). I thought it would be ironic and offer a chance to spread the word to crosslist it, too - International Geocaching Day Celebration - GC3R60P (pending).
So the same event, with different names? Gee, how come the GC page doesn't have the establishment's logo, and a link to their menu? Never mind, just kidding. That stuff is just silly. Oh gosh, We've had 2 OCNA exclusives this year in our area. I'm not motivated enough to do International Geocaching day, and crosslist here either. I know someone who may be doing a International Geocaching day one, though, and I'll see if they will do what you are doing with yours, crosslist as a birthday event here.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Cool. So far, I think we only have 2 anniversary events, though there is also a Northern Virginia Geocaching Organization (NoVAGO) summer picnic that is x-listed on here, as well.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:47 am

I've posted mine for Columbia, MD.

Anyone else?
Dave, OCNA Team Member