Opencaching North America Pathtags; let's get er' done!

General Information About Geocaching
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
Opencaching North America Pathtags; let's get er' done!

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 am

Sorry about the lame Larry the Cable guy reference. This has been discussed in multiple threads in the past, but the tags have never been ordered. The Geocoin store has a "fundraiser", where you can get the pathtags made with no money up front, and they are sold in packs of 20 for $20 to our members (or anyone who wants them). http://www.geocoinstore.com/index.php?m ... =page&id=5 I have already contacted them to make sure they still have this program in place, although I don't see why not.

Here is one of the past threads on the matter: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=399&start=0&hilit=pathtags It also looks like DG has a nice front design posted to Flikr. We'd have to hammer out a final design. I'd like to buy a bunch of these and give them away on the blog, or even Twitter. I'm going to Mid-West Geobash in July, which is darn near as big as Geowoodstock, and hosting one of our OCNA meet-ups there (although I haven't submitted it yet), and would like to give away/trade our tags there.

Much of the talk in the past was about these being OCUS (Or OCNA) one year anniversary pathtags, but we can pretty much forget that part now. Whaddya you guys think?
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Opencaching North America Pathtags; let's get er' done!

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:26 am

Definitely. Want to make it just the basic logo with "OpenCaching (or Opencaching) North America"? Might be good to have the URL (or one of them), too, though.

The font is called "In His Hands", per RVRoadTrip, if we need to add / modify text.

We just need someone to actually get the design ready to submit.

Also, they have a Tag Backs program where we might be able to design a OCNA back that folks to add to their own tags for a small fee, part of which I think would also come back to us.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Just so we're on the same sheet of music, are we talking about this pathtag design you have out there on Flikr? http://www.flickr.com/photos/selfdsn/54 ... 466124316/ I can't post it here, as you appear to have turned of sharing. :mrgreen: But of course people can see it by clicking that link.
ImageImage

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:08 pm

I like the idea of the Tag Backs.

Also...don't forget that GxProxy has the OCNA logo as a stock image for the backs of SigMarx for anyone to use. They are not trackable, but make a nice sig item.
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:50 am

OK, the gentlemen who got back to me from The Geocoin Store says that he personally is not aware of anyone who has ever took them up on this "fundraiser" offer. I'm sure they're not a huge operation, we may in fact be the BETA testers. :lol:

Also, although Mr. Yuck wouldn't mind making some money to offset the ridiculously high cost of the Opencaching.mx domain (that was a joke, but it is 5 1/2 times the price of the opencaching.us domain), seeing as we are just a website, with no "non-profit" status as an organization, the money made will be in the form of pathtags cash on the pathtags website. So of course we just use that to buy more pathtags to trade/give away, to further promote OCNA.

Totally off the wall, and off-topic, but if it's free, not that difficult, and requires no lawyer to become a registered non profit organization, anyone think I should look into that?
ImageImage

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:30 am

I am definitely in for 40. Can you have the .US added to the Opencaching? Any idea when they will be available?

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:54 pm

OK, so who do we have who can take the basic "OCUS" logo and mod it to read, "OpenCaching North America" (In His Hands font) and make any other mods we want. Maybe even create a "tag back" design, while we're at it? I may have someone local who would be willing to help. He helped me with my current Pathtag.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:14 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:OK, so who do we have who can take the basic "OCUS" logo and mod it to read, "OpenCaching North America" (In His Hands font) and make any other mods we want. Maybe even create a "tag back" design, while we're at it? I may have someone local who would be willing to help. He helped me with my current Pathtag.
Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, please see if he will help!! I agree with the Opencaching North America part. Do we want a www.opencaching.us anywhere on the front or back?
ImageImage

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:55 pm

yes I think thats important

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:13 am

Freekacher has offered to help and we've begun working with him.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image