Hide some caches for me, please

For Geocachers in the Great White North!

Moderator: glorkar

Hide some caches for me, please

Postby R of JARS » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Here's my wish list:

  • Within 50km of Kitchener/Cambridge/Guelph, ON
  • Swag size (I like leaving my signature items and I like seeing what other people leave)
  • The cache is there and in decent shape
  • Easy to get - D/T rating of 3/3 or under (no tree climbing, creek crossings, swamp crossings)

Thank you for your consideration.
Image
R of JARS
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Hide some caches for me, please

Postby DudleyGrunt » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:13 pm

Good luck. Bon Echo has some around Hamilton.

FYI - I tried to look up your OCNA profile, but am not finding one for "Lone R".
Dave, OCNA Site Admin
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Image Image
GeoCachers 4 Christ - Military Association of GeoCachers - Maryland Geocaching Society
Look for "Geocachers Unlimited" on Facebook and Google+.
User avatar
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1983
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:27 pm
Location: Jessup, MD

Re: Hide some caches for me, please

Postby Mr.Yuck » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:00 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:Good luck. Bon Echo has some around Hamilton.

FYI - I tried to luck up your OCNA profile, but am not finding one for "Lone R".


I know this person, although only through the internet, haven't met in person, yet. They are known to change their username on occasion, and obviously did so on the main site. I don't even know if users have an option to change their username in the forums. :D
ImageImage
User avatar
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:09 pm
Location: Buffalo, N.Y.

Re: Hide some caches for me, please

Postby R of JARS » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:02 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:Good luck. Bon Echo has some around Hamilton.


I had a look at Bon Echo's caches but they are mostly micro and virtual-style caches. The one small size cache seems to be too small for swag - bring your own pencil.
Hamilton is my least favourite place to drive, I'm a menace on those one-way streets. But I'd risk an accident for a quality swag size cache. :P The swag is an important part of geocaching for me.
There are a few nearer caches but none have been found in the last 2 years and no updates from the owners.
I'm hoping my plea might drum up some new hides nearby.
R of JARS
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Hide some caches for me, please

Postby TermiteHunter » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:29 pm

I understand your plight. Even in my hotbed off activity in Charlotte I rarely see I new cache. I have to run a contest promoting new ones to get one.

But I do have one question.since I can't look up your name here for some reason....how many have you hidden on OCNA?
User avatar
TermiteHunter
Site Admin
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Hide some caches for me, please

Postby R of JARS » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:47 pm

TermiteHunter wrote:I understand your plight. Even in my hotbed off activity in Charlotte I rarely see I new cache. I have to run a contest promoting new ones to get one.

But I do have one question.since I can't look up your name here for some reason....how many have you hidden on OCNA?


4 caches. Just got my first visitors yesterday. :)
R of JARS
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Hide some caches for me, please

Postby Mr.Yuck » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:22 pm

Lone R wrote:
DudleyGrunt wrote:Good luck. Bon Echo has some around Hamilton.


I had a look at Bon Echo's caches but they are mostly micro and virtual-style caches. The one small size cache seems to be too small for swag - bring your own pencil.
Hamilton is my least favourite place to drive, I'm a menace on those one-way streets. But I'd risk an accident for a quality swag size cache. :P The swag is an important part of geocaching for me.
There are a few nearer caches but none have been found in the last 2 years and no updates from the owners.
I'm hoping my plea might drum up some new hides nearby.


Actually the guy with 3 near London, which embarrassingly have never been found (or at least logged online) was once the webmaster of the site from 2011-2013. He got way too busy in life, so y'all are stuck with me. And I realize London isn't all that close, of course.

I do find non-online loggers in the logbooks of our caches (not necessarily all my own; for example, I opened up another hiders 2012 placed cache at a Munzee event last month), and it had 2 non-online loggers. But all these caches have been around longer than yours. Oh, and I got the email, and we'll fix the whole username thing. I guess I'm not as slick as Groundspeak, changing your name there automatically does it in the forums. :D
ImageImage
User avatar
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:09 pm
Location: Buffalo, N.Y.


Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron