Hide some caches for me, please

For Geocachers in the Great White North!

Moderator:glorkar

R of JARS
Hide some caches for me, please

Post by R of JARS » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Here's my wish list:
  • Within 50km of Kitchener/Cambridge/Guelph, ON
  • Swag size (I like leaving my signature items and I like seeing what other people leave)
  • The cache is there and in decent shape
  • Easy to get - D/T rating of 3/3 or under (no tree climbing, creek crossings, swamp crossings)
Thank you for your consideration.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Hide some caches for me, please

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:13 pm

Good luck. Bon Echo has some around Hamilton.

FYI - I tried to look up your OCNA profile, but am not finding one for "Lone R".
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:00 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:Good luck. Bon Echo has some around Hamilton.

FYI - I tried to luck up your OCNA profile, but am not finding one for "Lone R".
I know this person, although only through the internet, haven't met in person, yet. They are known to change their username on occasion, and obviously did so on the main site. I don't even know if users have an option to change their username in the forums. :D
ImageImage

R of JARS

Post by R of JARS » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:02 pm

I had a look at Bon Echo's caches but they are mostly micro and virtual-style caches. The one small size cache seems to be too small for swag - bring your own pencil.
Hamilton is my least favourite place to drive, I'm a menace on those one-way streets. But I'd risk an accident for a quality swag size cache. :P The swag is an important part of geocaching for me.
There are a few nearer caches but none have been found in the last 2 years and no updates from the owners.
I'm hoping my plea might drum up some new hides nearby.

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:29 pm

I understand your plight. Even in my hotbed off activity in Charlotte I rarely see I new cache. I have to run a contest promoting new ones to get one.

But I do have one question.since I can't look up your name here for some reason....how many have you hidden on OCNA?

R of JARS

Post by R of JARS » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:47 pm

TermiteHunter wrote:I understand your plight. Even in my hotbed off activity in Charlotte I rarely see I new cache. I have to run a contest promoting new ones to get one.

But I do have one question.since I can't look up your name here for some reason....how many have you hidden on OCNA?
4 caches. Just got my first visitors yesterday. :)

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:22 pm

Lone R wrote:
I had a look at Bon Echo's caches but they are mostly micro and virtual-style caches. The one small size cache seems to be too small for swag - bring your own pencil.
Hamilton is my least favourite place to drive, I'm a menace on those one-way streets. But I'd risk an accident for a quality swag size cache. :P The swag is an important part of geocaching for me.
There are a few nearer caches but none have been found in the last 2 years and no updates from the owners.
I'm hoping my plea might drum up some new hides nearby.
Actually the guy with 3 near London, which embarrassingly have never been found (or at least logged online) was once the webmaster of the site from 2011-2013. He got way too busy in life, so y'all are stuck with me. And I realize London isn't all that close, of course.

I do find non-online loggers in the logbooks of our caches (not necessarily all my own; for example, I opened up another hiders 2012 placed cache at a Munzee event last month), and it had 2 non-online loggers. But all these caches have been around longer than yours. Oh, and I got the email, and we'll fix the whole username thing. I guess I'm not as slick as Groundspeak, changing your name there automatically does it in the forums. :D
ImageImage