New developements at OCNA

About the Opencaching Site
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
New developements at OCNA

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:38 am

These forums do not look very active to the casual observer, but we have a top secret hidden Admin only sub-forum, and myself and DG both post to it I'd say several times a day. :lol:

We are very close to opening The OCNA Swag Store. The items will be manufactured and shipped from http://www.spreadshirt.com out of Greensburg, Pa. (near Pittsburgh). Our graphic artist has provided our logo in high definition vector graphics, which can be sized up or down at will with no loss of resolution. I have one prototype T-shirt (I'm wearing it now, as a matter of act), that has a small left chest logo (logo was a little too small, good thing it was a prototype :D), and I have another on the way with the logo 10" x 12" on the front of the t-shirt. This costs us no money up front, and the prices are incredibly reasonable compared to some of the more well-known places out there on the internets; for example, the ridiculously priced cafepress.com. Since there's no cost involved, we will probably offer many different items besides clothing; who cares if no one ever buys an OCNA coffee cup, water bottle or backpack, all it cost us was 1 minute of design time!

We are also very close to having the OCNA pathtags available. We actually have a design we MIGHT sign off on, but we have a few "is it possible to do this?" type questions out to the Graphic artist. Assuming we submit something within a week or so, I doubt we'd see these pathtags for sale any sooner then the middle of August though. They will be purchased directly from http://www.coinsandpins.com under a little-known and little used "fundraiser" program for Geocaching organizations and clubs, and will cost you $20 for 20 of them. Once we are in the manufacturing stage, I will hit them up with the legality/morality question of Mr. Yuck selling individual ones himself from home. And of course we'll be giving them away like mad. I'll probably buy 40 or 60 to start, myself.

So I guess what I'm saying is, stay tuned!!
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: New developements at OCNA

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Good thing this was another prototype. I think it needs to move up a little, as like worn by me.

Here is the maybe finalized Pathtag, by the way. Actually, if you looked at that from about 10:00 PM EST Saturday until Sunday morning, it was the wrong one. :mrgreen:

ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:15 pm

Eh, we rotated it so the outline of North America could be a little bigger. This is the FINAL DESIGN. It's already been submitted, and they will start working on it Monday!

ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:12 pm

OK, that was our design by our graphic artist. This is what it's really going to look like. And the "G" will be the same color as the outer ring and the text, they just made the "G" look more gray to distinguish the fact it won't be metal like the text and outer ring.

ImageImage

FamilyGreene

Post by FamilyGreene » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Those look really cool. Any idea of when the pathtags will be available?

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:32 pm

FamilyGreene wrote:Those look really cool. Any idea of when the pathtags will be available?
We are currently 2 weeks into the "available in 4-6 weeks" phase. Judging by the fact I know the owner of Pathtags.com finalized our design after returning from vacation, I personally think we are going to be closer to the 6 week end, or 4 more weeks. :mrgreen:

P.S. I'm waiting to open the OCNA Swag store the same time the pathtags are available. T-Shirts, Buttons, water bottles, coffee cups, tote bags, etc.. I could have gotten that up and running sooner, but it's actually quite a bit more of a pain in the butt "designing" the items, and organizing them than I expected.
ImageImage