Making a mob cache

About the Opencaching Site
chilehead
Making a mob cache

Post by chilehead » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:32 pm

I thought I had posted this before, but either I didn't, or my memory sucks. I told Mr Yuck I'd make a friendly posting over here since it's so darn quiet over here.

A related thing to my intercaching site is a mob cache concept I came up with. This is not a mob event, but would be a good geocache to find during a mob event.

What is it? Get a bunch of people together with smart phones at the same location at the same time, and only then will the coordinates be revealed to you. Something good to do while you are standing around swapping funny baloon hats, or whatever the theme is. It's basically a way to force group caching (though if you really wanted you could hack it and play with yourself.)

More details here:
http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/vie ... 04fb8902be

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Making a mob cache

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:18 pm

Thanks for the friendly post, but actually you did post it on Saturday afternoon. Probably whilst there were biblical type rains outside, and you couldn't go caching. Here is the thread. Don't worry, if you clicked the "view active topic" links, it doesn't show up for me there either. Dang phpbb software, I just updated to the latest and greatest version in April. And I replied over there for you too.
ImageImage

chilehead

Re: Making a mob cache

Post by chilehead » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:26 pm

Funny, because I remembered typing it but didn't see it, so I thought I forgot to hit the submit!