How to Run a "My Finds" Query

About the Opencaching Site
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
How to Run a "My Finds" Query

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:00 am

How to download a GPX file of all of your OCNA finds.

Option One - Finds Only:
1. Go to your Home page.
2. You will see a line that says, "You have found __ Geocaches. You have participated in __ events."
3. Click on the link [Show All] just below that.
4. Results will display.
5. Click Save Search Results.
6. Enter a name (suggest "My OCNA Finds") in the top field and click Submit. (This way, when you download it, it will be easily identifiable. In the future, you will be able to select it below and overwrite.)
7. You will now be on the Collected Queries page.
8. Locate your newly created Query.
9. In the Downloads column, click GPX (NOT "GPX GC". That is more compatible with the Groundspeak version of GPX files, but will not show Found logs properly.)
10. Your file will now be downloaded and you can process it in GSAK or however you plan to use it.

Option Two - An Alternative for Finds, Attended or other logs.
1. Go to the Seek A Cache page.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page, until you see Search for Logs.
3. Select Log Type (Found, Attended, Etc).
4. Enter your Username (exactly).
5. Click Search.
6. Results will display.
7. Scroll to the top of the page.
8. Enter a name in the top field and click Submit. (This way, when you download it, it will be easily identifiable. In the future, you will be able to select it below and overwrite.)
9. You will now be on the Collected Queries page.
10. Locate your newly created Query.
11. In the Downloads column, click GPX (NOT "GPX GC". That is more compatible with the Groundspeak version of GPX files, but will not show Found logs properly.)
12. Your file will now be downloaded and you can process it in GSAK or however you plan to use it.

Note, most (all?) online geocaching statistics sites will only accept the specific My Finds Pocket Query from Groundspeak, but you should be able to use GSAK or other programs to generate stats.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Alisajones

Re: How to Run a "My Finds" Query

Post by Alisajones » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:27 am

Well, thanks for sharing these option i will try both these options.

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:32 am

A response to a 5 year old post by a new member to the forum with no matching user name on OCNA and therefore no finds....
"suspect" to say the least.

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:43 am

So... from Tampa (well at least you are a homegrown opportunist)
Listed as a repeat spammer that has used bruteforce attacks as well under many usernames and emails....
hmmmm, NOPE, gotta go.
User banned. Thanks for playing.

Bon Echo
Site Admin

Post by Bon Echo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:21 pm

I deleted a bunch of similar posts in the last while. Irrelevant comments on old threads with adlinks as signatures.
Funny though, the one from Alisajones above I left b/c I wasn't 100% sure about it being spam (although suspect it is - I can;t find any user on the main site by the name of Alisajones so why would they need to run a My Finds Query?) - so instead i just deleted the signature which I presume is why it was posted at all. that seemed to work at the time, but I see the signature is back now. Will try again...

ps. the instructions above from DudlyGrunt are no longer valid under the new OCNA, at least not as it currently sits with the broken search. It's on my list to figure out how to do a My Finds search. Also, GSAK is now 100% free to use and that might be a good way to go. Question still is how to download a GPX file that has all active and not active found caches.

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:42 pm

I banned the IP but left the post since I had already commented on it and there has been nothing else in the forum that was "new" for a while.

ithink314

Post by ithink314 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:08 pm

Well, thanks for sharing these option i will try both these options
Image Image