Cache Rating

About the Opencaching Site
TermiteHunter
Site Admin
Cache Rating

Post by TermiteHunter » Wed May 07, 2014 10:18 pm

Would it be possible to alter the "edit" log to allow for rating of caches?

Many fail to rate a cache when first starting on OCNA and want to add a rating after logging a find.
If I remember correctly you can do this by adding a new "comment" but it would make more sense to edit the original log and add the rating.
This was more important when using the only OCNA compliant phone app, Columbus, that didn't allow for the rating when logging. C:Geo does have the function but it would still be nice and more intuitive to edit the original log.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Cache Rating

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu May 08, 2014 7:13 pm

TermiteHunter wrote:Would it be possible to alter the "edit" log to allow for rating of caches?

Many fail to rate a cache when first starting on OCNA and want to add a rating after logging a find.
If I remember correctly you can do this by adding a new "comment" but it would make more sense to edit the original log and add the rating.
This was more important when using the only OCNA compliant phone app, Columbus, that didn't allow for the rating when logging. C:Geo does have the function but it would still be nice and more intuitive to edit the original log.
I can take a look at that. And that's about all I can say right now. :mrgreen: Be sure to check back later.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Cache Rating

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat May 10, 2014 11:20 am

Allright, I'm not going to be able to do that one, I can't figure out where it's being generated. However, I was going to email the Opencaching.pl lead dev about our continuing "some emails not going out" problem, and I'll mention this, and hope that it's easy and he knows what to do. This may end up on "the list" though.
ImageImage