Icon meanings?

About the Opencaching Site
tripman1
Icon meanings?

Post by tripman1 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:13 pm

Does the website have a list of what the icons mean on the website? I can guess the ones for unknown cache, virtual cache, traditional,etc. and some pages even have a pop-up if you hover. However, I see a few green stars by a few of the caches I found. I think it means First Finder but not sure. It would be nice to have descriptions all in one area.

Thanks
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Icon meanings?

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Take a look at our wiki. The Cache Parameters page includes cache type and attribute icons.

Green stars indicate cache that have earned one or more Recommendations. We should probably add something about them (and other icons?) to the parameters page. These work pretty much exactly as Favorites on Groundspeak, but we had them first. Coincidence?

If you go to the given cache page, however, you'll notice the green star again and a note about how many recommendations a cache has.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

tripman1

Post by tripman1 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Thats it, thanks. Makes sense now. I see a new podcast cache in my area, pretty rare, I will have to make a special trip.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:09 pm

MemfisMafia is working on more podcast caches in the series, so don't rush too soon.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image