Logo Usage

About the Opencaching Site

Logo Usage

Postby DudleyGrunt » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:59 am

I received the following from Webling (Rich Wendling), an OCNA member and one of my TerraCaching sponsors.

I am in the beginning stages of writing a book about geocaching, and would like to include information about the OpenCaching websites. What are the policies regarding usage of logos, trademarks, screenshots, and so forth?

I take it that I can let him know he can freely use our logo and other images?

Given that I assume he plans to sell his book and not give it away for free, I assume the Europeans / Germans might not allow usage, but I'll at least try to reach out to them.
Dave, OCNA Site Admin
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Image Image
GeoCachers 4 Christ - Military Association of GeoCachers - Maryland Geocaching Society
Look for "Geocachers Unlimited" on Facebook and Google+.
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Logo Usage

Postby Mr.Yuck » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:57 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:I received the following from Webling (Rich Wendling), an OCNA member and one of my TerraCaching sponsors.

I am in the beginning stages of writing a book about geocaching, and would like to include information about the OpenCaching websites. What are the policies regarding usage of logos, trademarks, screenshots, and so forth?

I take it that I can let him know he can freely use our logo and other images?

Given that I assume he plans to sell his book and not give it away for free, I assume the Europeans / Germans might not allow usage, but I'll at least try to reach out to them.

Absolutely! I even made up a creative commons license for the logo! It's shown on the wiki under downloads. Euro sites? Who knows. :D
ImageImage
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Return to Opencaching Website