Logo Usage

About the Opencaching Site
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Logo Usage

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:59 am

I received the following from Webling (Rich Wendling), an OCNA member and one of my TerraCaching sponsors.
I am in the beginning stages of writing a book about geocaching, and would like to include information about the OpenCaching websites. What are the policies regarding usage of logos, trademarks, screenshots, and so forth?
I take it that I can let him know he can freely use our logo and other images?

Given that I assume he plans to sell his book and not give it away for free, I assume the Europeans / Germans might not allow usage, but I'll at least try to reach out to them.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Logo Usage

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:57 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:I received the following from Webling (Rich Wendling), an OCNA member and one of my TerraCaching sponsors.
I am in the beginning stages of writing a book about geocaching, and would like to include information about the OpenCaching websites. What are the policies regarding usage of logos, trademarks, screenshots, and so forth?
I take it that I can let him know he can freely use our logo and other images?

Given that I assume he plans to sell his book and not give it away for free, I assume the Europeans / Germans might not allow usage, but I'll at least try to reach out to them.
Absolutely! I even made up a creative commons license for the logo! It's shown on the wiki under downloads. Euro sites? Who knows. :D
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:27 pm

This scene I encountered last week looks somewhat familiarImageImage

from the brewery on Tapatalk

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:23 am

Ya' could have picked a clearer day! Geez, I wonder where Webling's book is. I have no recollection of this thread.
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:55 pm

Removed the duplicate post

Well it was a last minute trip to get the mother inlaw out of the house.
We had detoured onto the Blueridge parkway near Blowing Rock and went for a ride.
Surprise, I know this place. Totally unplanned and unanticipated. I have some better pics on the camera, those were from my phone.
Weather was nice but there were passing showers in this area and a storm brewing in the distance contributing to the haze.

As for whats his face, I found this
https://richwendling.wordpress.com/category/geocaching/
No Geocaching book was listed in his "published" list