My "List" function

About the Opencaching Site
K13
My "List" function

Post by K13 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:20 pm

At the upper part of a listing, there is a button to add a cache to a List. How do I access this list?

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Re: My "List" function

Post by TermiteHunter » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:59 pm

After adding a cache to the "LIST" it creates a new tab at the top right (just above "edit cache" when viewing a cache) in the blue area called "Clipboard" with the number of caches in the list.
Each one is then accessible

K13

Post by K13 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:31 pm

OK, something weird is happening. I added a couple of caches to my list. I saw the Clipboard with a (2). When I looked at another cache, the clipboard is gone. When I returned to the page of one of those caches on my list, there is no Clipboard tab, but the button shows "remove from my list." Toggling this button doesn't make the "Clipboard" button return.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:50 pm

TermiteHunter wrote:After adding a cache to the "LIST" it creates a new tab at the top right (just above "edit cache" when viewing a cache) in the blue area called "Clipboard" with the number of caches in the list.
Each one is then accessible
This is a rare, known to few feature. I have used it, like when I went to GW in Maryland in 2015, while picking out "caches along a route" sort of thing. I did test it the first day we went live, and it seems to be working good for me now, even with picking caches off the map, changing to picking caches off the "latest logs" list, and then back to the map, and picking more.

How exactly would you say you "looked at another cache"? Did you leave the site?
ImageImage

K13

Post by K13 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:09 pm

I hit a 503 error when I tried my last reply. So far, my list is there and has remained after leaving the site and returning. OOPS, spoke too soon. I logged out of the site, and when I logged in again, my clipboard was gone.

K13

Post by K13 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:24 am

I opened the site today, and No Clipboard. I didn't Log Out last night, only left the site when I closed Firefox.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:47 pm

K13 wrote:I opened the site today, and No Clipboard. I didn't Log Out last night, only left the site when I closed Firefox.
I've discussed this in more detail with K13 privately. It may very well be OK, but we're going to keep an eye on it.
ImageImage

K13

Post by K13 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:16 am

Again, I have lost my "Clipboard" when I returned to the site. I left the site last night without logging out, and my list/clipboard is gone. This isn't really an issue now, but could be when this site gets more exFroggies.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:14 pm

K13 wrote:Again, I have lost my "Clipboard" when I returned to the site. I left the site last night without logging out, and my list/clipboard is gone. This isn't really an issue now, but could be when this site gets more exFroggies.
Sorry for the delay. I'm going to say it was always like that. It's useful only for a "session" on the website.
ImageImage