Couple minor things

About the Opencaching Site
Bon Echo
Site Admin
Couple minor things

Post by Bon Echo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:52 pm

So I saw the recent FB post about OCNA hotspots and in the process of trying to figure out how many OCNA caches are in Ontario, found a minor things but will bring them up all the same
When you do a cache search, you can select to hide inactive caches. What is an inactive cache? there is nothing on the website or wiki to state what that means. After a bit of testing, it seems to me that inactive caches include both archived caches and temporarily unavailable caches. The other one I find strange is to hide "Observed" caches which again after some testing seems to be caches you are watching. Why you would want to hide those in a search, beats me. Should these definitions we added to the wiki?
And speaking of the wiki, I noticed a few other things that should be updated, such as file size limits for photos and the new option to select whether you will publish the cache upon approval or let the OCNA admin do that.
Small stuff, yes it is.
Now if I just had a cache type for the 30 or so benchmarks I'd like to list but not as virtual caches.... :mrgreen:

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Re: Couple minor things

Post by TermiteHunter » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:40 pm

I have other updates for the wiki to be done so i will add these to the list of things to look at.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:31 am

As I see it, "inactive" is both disabled and archived caches.

Maybe we should change "observed" to "watched" since that is the term used in other places.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:39 am

DudleyGrunt wrote:As I see it, "inactive" is both disabled and archived caches.

Maybe we should change "observed" to "watched" since that is the term used in other places.
That could be a bad English translation. Well, not bad, maybe not optimal.

As far as the OP, yeah, sorry Bon Echo. We have a cheap php whiz (whom I haven't talked to in I'll bet two months!). We were holding off on Benchmark Cache Type to combine with another project that requires collaboration with another website, and they seem to have forgot about us. I suppose it wouldn't kill us to just go after the new cache type, providing one of the other admins doesn't point out a large project that needs attention more quickly (of which I can think of none).
ImageImage

Bon Echo
Site Admin

Post by Bon Echo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:55 pm

Hold off longer if you can still get the multiple things done at once, if that saves any time money or frustration. I just brought it up to keep it on the horizon, but really there's no rush. Winter's a good way away still and listing benchmarks seems like a good task to put off until winter.
Thanks OCNA admin for all you give (time and money) to make this site free and available. I think that is sometimes taken for granted or at least overlooked.
Maybe I should learn PHP :ugeek: