unable to use the site

About the Opencaching Site
dexter
unable to use the site

Post by dexter » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:09 am

Aside from being able to log on and view the forum, I am unable to
1, contact anyone (attempts lead to login loop)
2, log a cache (attempts lead to log in loop)

I can now see many caches on c:geo but log nothing. Very frustrating. Have reported issue previous but..
dexter

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: unable to use the site

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:46 pm

dexter wrote:Aside from being able to log on and view the forum, I am unable to
1, contact anyone (attempts lead to login loop)
2, log a cache (attempts lead to log in loop)

I can now see many caches on c:geo but log nothing. Very frustrating. Have reported issue previous but..
dexter
If I remember correctly, you said you had trouble activating the account, but it looked activated to me? Fear not, I have turned a certain setting in the database to on for your account (as opposed to off, of course), which has worked like a charm for the other 3 people who have reported similar problems the last couple of months or so. Our code is old (circa 2008-2009), and we are updating to the latest opencaching code, although it's all behind the scenes right now, and not officially announced. Sorry for the issues, but I think you'll be fine now!
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:47 pm

Please be patient with us. The site ran into significant issues recently. We were able to restore most functionality but we are finding individual cases of continued difficulty beyound what most are experiencing.

We are currently in the process of updating the entire site with the most recent OC code. Once completed all of these issues will be corrected. An international team is on the task right now tailoring it to our specific needs.
Shouldn't be much longer.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:01 pm

TermiteHunter wrote:Please be patient with us. The site ran into significant issues recently. We were able to restore most functionality but we are finding individual cases of continued difficulty beyound what most are experiencing.

We are currently in the process of updating the entire site with the most recent OC code. Once completed all of these issues will be corrected. An international team is on the task right now tailoring it to our specific needs.
Shouldn't be much longer.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
Seeing as they were a minute apart, I'll guess you didn't see my post while posting. I have since got advice on a forum, and set so-called setting in database to on for **all** users. That'll fix it. :D
ImageImage

gkrone

Post by gkrone » Mon May 08, 2017 4:33 pm

Any update on the new site?

I am having the same problems as the previous poster, I can't even get the home page to load. All I get is a '\'.

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Mon May 08, 2017 7:37 pm

They are in progress of adapting the OCPL code to our needs. We are getting close. The minions from Europe working on it have taken the site down on occasions during the process. It is quite possible they are at it again. I can't get on the site either. Mryuck is closer to the actual changeover and may have specific information

from the brewery on Tapatalk

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue May 09, 2017 9:40 am

gkrone wrote:Any update on the new site?

I am having the same problems as the previous poster, I can't even get the home page to load. All I get is a '\'.
I get that sometimes too!! Thought maybe it was just me. But I just type in the URL again, and it almost always works. All I can say is please bear with us, the end of the old site is very near!
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue May 09, 2017 10:13 am

This appears to be a "put the www in front of it thing". Currently working on it, but don't use www!!! http://opencaching.us will work fine.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue May 09, 2017 10:30 am

It also appeared to be a firefox only thing. Clear EVERYTHING in Firefox. Or if you don't want to, just don't use the www. Were you using Firefox last week when you had issues, TH? I will email gkrone directly, too.
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Tue May 09, 2017 3:57 pm

No

from the brewery on Tapatalk