Bug in challenges pages?

About the Opencaching Site
ithink314
Bug in challenges pages?

Post by ithink314 » Sun May 14, 2017 11:32 pm

Logged in. Go-to home page. Hit challenge caches link. It shows 20 in the list, and says there are 42. Hit page 2. Gives:

Site Error

Something went wrong. If the error persists, please contact the site admin.

Page: search2.php
Information Message: The retrieval query could not be implemented, enter search data again.
Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Bug in challenges pages?

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon May 15, 2017 8:27 am

ithink314 wrote:Logged in. Go-to home page. Hit challenge caches link. It shows 20 in the list, and says there are 42. Hit page 2. Gives:

Site Error

Something went wrong. If the error persists, please contact the site admin.

Page: search2.php
Information Message: The retrieval query could not be implemented, enter search data again.
I regret to inform you that this has been broken when the site blew up in November! It's not just challenge caches, you can't see the 2nd page of most searches! The decision was made to not try to mess with it, in favor of updating to the latest opencaching.pl code. Well, as you can tell, that's taking longer than expected, but it **is** being actively worked on by our European helpers.

To see all the challenge caches, I'm afraid the best method is looking at them on our map of caches, as Geo Art in the Gulf of Mexico.
ImageImage

ithink314

Post by ithink314 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:19 am

Downloading the entire cache gpx from the blog also worked well.
Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon May 15, 2017 12:58 pm

ithink314 wrote:Downloading the entire cache gpx from the blog also worked well.
That'll do it too, and I did see your comment to the post! (All posts are moderated, you wouldn't believe how many spam posts are blocked).

We should put out a new one, again, move taking longer than expected. :D
ImageImage