Page 1 of 1

coord.ch down?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:09 pm
by Bon Echo
or dead? Not sure who runs that service but it is not working as I found out from someone trying to log one of my moving cache / travelbug combos.
So not really a problem with OCNA but present a problem for OCNA

Re: coord.ch down?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:35 pm
by Mr.Yuck
Oh boy, must have expired. I hope that's all it is. I once tracked the guy down, but he has very poor English. I'll see if I can find him again. Heck, maybe even **we** could do something if it's gone. But my experience with .mx is that "foreign" domain names are expensive!!

Re: coord.ch down?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:03 pm
by Mr.Yuck
I found him, I linked to his Geocaching.com account in my own blog post on Coord.ch. Of course he may not answer....

Re: coord.ch down?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:09 pm
by Mr.Yuck
Mr.Yuck wrote:I found him, I linked to his Geocaching.com account in my own blog post on Coord.ch. Of course he may not answer....


No response, several days later. I also started a thread at opencaching.de, so we'll see if anyone knows who the guy is, and what can be done. They'll generally respond in English, although their forums aren't a hell of a lot more active than this. :D

Re: coord.ch down?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:13 pm
by ithink314
It's annoying that whois won't work for me for coord.ch, and got the following trying to post this first time, after following email notification link...


General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\xA4\x94' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]

Re: coord.ch down?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:16 am
by Mr.Yuck
ithink314 wrote:It's annoying that whois won't work for me for coord.ch, and got the following trying to post this first time, after following email notification link...


General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\xA4\x94' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]


Yeah, we'll get occasional SQL errors in the forums, I mostly get them when trying to quote a post. Thanks for the report though, I'll have a look. We are probably about 3 versions old on the forum software, assuming they update it every single year.

Good news though!! Someone at opencaching.de **has** talked to the coord.ch guy, and he says he will fix it in 4-6 weeks. Which is a llong time, but if he follows through, no big deal, I guess.

Re: coord.ch down?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:21 am
by ithink314
> he says he will fix it in 4-6 weeks. Which is a llong time, but if he follows through, no big deal, I guess.

Maybe this weekend is the time...

Re: coord.ch down?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:46 pm
by Mr.Yuck
ithink314 wrote:> he says he will fix it in 4-6 weeks. Which is a llong time, but if he follows through, no big deal, I guess.

Maybe this weekend is the time...


I should bump the thread at opencaching.de. I knew this would happen. :D