Anyone notice?

About the Opencaching Site
RVRoadTrip
Site Admin
Re: Anyone notice?

Post by RVRoadTrip » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:08 am

Sabrefan7 wrote:Autumn shmatum,, We got 3 ft already! Had to un bury my Christmas decorations :D
It's going to be sunny and 79 degrees here today. Gotta love south Texas in the winter!

glorkar

Post by glorkar » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:15 pm

It's sunny and -4 with windchill here today. You know it's cold when your nose hairs freeze. Really wakes you up when you first step out that door :)

And btw, in Wisconsin we only have two seasons: winter and construction!
Opencaching.us Global Moderator
"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane"

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:37 pm

glorkar wrote:And btw, in Wisconsin we only have two seasons: winter and construction!
Oh we get all 4 here in Western NY. Early Winter, Mid Winter, Late Winter THEN Road construction

Sabrefan7

Post by Sabrefan7 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:11 pm

I see the home page is sprouting leafs :D Monday all our snow was gone even the biggest piles were all but memory's. Then, Wednesday we were rewarded with a fresh 6 in. :( I saw 5 accidents wile driving at 6 a.m. How soon they forget LOL

RVRoadTrip
Site Admin

Post by RVRoadTrip » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:04 pm

Yep... it was 90 here yesterday and today. This weekend the wife and I are going to the beach!

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:36 pm

RVRoadTrip wrote:Yep... it was 90 here yesterday and today. This weekend the wife and I are going to the beach!
I'm camping with the troop in Pennsylvania, this weekend. Lows will be around 25 degrees at an event billed as a "SPRING Camporee". Shiver...
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:36 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:
RVRoadTrip wrote:Yep... it was 90 here yesterday and today. This weekend the wife and I are going to the beach!
I'm camping with the troop in Pennsylvania, this weekend. Lows will be around 25 degrees at an event billed as a "SPRING Camporee". Shiver...
I'm still getting overnite lows in the low teens. This is unusual even for our area (Western, NY), but not much you can do about it, except complain. It's actually been very clear and sunny the last few days, which is why it gets so cold at night. I had some spring flowers coming up before the cold spell, I'm sure they're still there under the snow, and will continue growing when they deem the time is right.
ImageImage