Cross-Posted Items

About the Opencaching Site
BlueStone
Re: Cross-Posted Items

Post by BlueStone » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:30 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:Definitlely some good discussion over the last few days! I've shared the comparison site on Facebook with notes of the differences between OCDE and OCUS.
Good idea! I just did it too. ;)

BlueStone

Post by BlueStone » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:32 pm

glorkar wrote:"Memo in the cache listing"
From what I gather, they now have this feature over on GC
yup. Its a text box, and IIRC, has either a 100 or 400 character limit, where you can write a note to yourself about the cache, and no one can see it but you. It also seems to be server-based, NOT cookie-based, so you can access it from any device, anywhere that has net access.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:06 am

FYI - I just retired the Navicache listing for Archangel in Brookville. I had 2 NC finds in its first year (both by people who never found another NC hide) and one more since listing it on OCUS. That was by NetworkCacher, who was only there because of the OCUS listing.

I have three other active caches there. One is a locationless and another is a moving virtual, so I'll leave those there. The third is a standard virtual and could come over to OCUS, but it is at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial, where I purposely listed new OCUS, TerraCaching, and Navicache virtuals on 9/11 for different parts of the park to go with the GC.com virtual that was already there. I'm going to give the NC and TC a year to see what attention they get.

So far, since 9/11...

OCUS - Defending Freedom at Home - 0 finds
NC - National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Chapel - 0 finds
TC - National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Park - 1 find
GC - Fallen Firefighters' Memorial - 9 finds
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image