Edit "Hidden By"

About the Opencaching Site
NativTxn
Site Admin
Edit "Hidden By"

Post by NativTxn » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:18 am

Is there a place to edit the "Hidden By" info? I just placed a letterbox cache that is more from the "Brazos Valley Geocachers" than just from me personally. Can we enter something other than just the default value of our trail name? I know if someone would click the name, it would bring them to my profile and that's ok. I'd just like the cache listing to show the group (or names in the case of a couple of people placing a cache).

PS...I'd still like to see Letterbox as a type rather than just an attribute. I'd like to see the icon of an envelope or mailbox or something. :)
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Edit "Hidden By"

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:43 am

I believe that your best option would be to use the Short Description for "Letterbox by Brazos Valley Geocachers".

As far as the LB type, I would be for it, since it is a recognized type and if set up properly, is distinctive.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

NativTxn
Site Admin

Re: Edit "Hidden By"

Post by NativTxn » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Good idea. I'll use the short description. Sometimes it takes another brain when mine clicks off. ;)

If you do the Letterbox type, it'd be helpful. It'd stand out and remind you to "Bring Your Own Stamp". :)
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website