Cache Location

About the Opencaching Site
NativTxn
Site Admin
Cache Location

Post by NativTxn » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:13 am

I had started a Moving Cache from a location near my office (which has been moved a couple of times now). It was actually a good spot and I'd like to put a traditional cache in the original spot. Is that okay? The icons would show to be in the same place on the map, but the Moving cache is not at that location anymore.
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Cache Location

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:02 pm

I see no problem.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:30 pm

Ummm, this might be a silly question but what is a "moving cache"?
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:07 pm

Coffee Peddlers wrote:Ummm, this might be a silly question but what is a "moving cache"?
From the OCUS wiki page.
A moving cache changes its location after each find. Everyone who found it, moves it to a new location and publishes the new coordinates in its log in the service. Log a note of your intent to hunt for it so others know you going after it. If you find it and take it, please log your find quickly. If possible leave an indicator like an "X" on the ground in its place to signal to a following geocacher that it's gone. When you rehide it, please conceal it well and make sure your coordinates are accurate. When you post that you have rehidden it, please include the new coordinates and new difficulty/terrain rating. When you report the new location, please make a new entry (Post a Note) so owner cache receive an email message to alert of the new position.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:33 pm

I've recently read a guardrail cache that is like this. The CO asks that after each find that the cache is place in a new place on the guardrail.
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.