Happy Anniversary!

About the Opencaching Site
NativTxn
Site Admin
Happy Anniversary!

Post by NativTxn » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:18 am

One year and still plugging along. What are you doing to celebrate? Finding? Hiding? Having an event?

Our local cacher group is having an event on Saturday that is a combination OCUS Anniversary and International Geocaching Day event. It is going to be a the Southern Flyer Diner in Brenham, TX. All the waitresses wear poodle skirts and they have a big jukebox that plays 50's music. Each booth has the little thing on the wall where you can pick the music from there and they serve the best shakes! This is one of only a handful of fly-in diners in the country. I think one of the attendees from the Austin area is planning to fly his plane in.

http://www.opencaching.us/viewcache.php?cacheid=726
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

DJCreekCachers

Re: Happy Anniversary!

Post by DJCreekCachers » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:25 am

Please allow me to add my congratulatory wishes to Opencaching.us on its one year anniversary!

I've been a fan of OC.us since September and hid my first oc-exclusive geocache (a traditional) on 7 October 2010.

While GC.com does not allow cross-listed caches, I partially found a way around that rule by creating a Travel Bug that educates the GC.com community about Opencaching.us. So far, this TB has traveled over 4000 miles throughout Ohio, Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Wyoming, Nebraska, and Colorado, and is currently residing in a geocache in Nebraska.

The link to this TB is http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2789371.

I am a big supporter of Opencaching.us and I hope it continues to gain popularity withing the geocaching community.

Happy Birthday Opencaching.us!

DJCreekCachers
Beavercreek, OH

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:41 pm

I placed a BIT today and was FTF on another one! :)
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:48 am

My love for this website knows no bounds. OK, that was probably a bit much. But it's awesome, I can't thank the European Volunteers who came up with the Opencaching concept, and the amazing site template enough. Well, I made my vehicle a BITcache just in time for the anniversary, and I suppose that was my contribution to RVRT's mass email to all members to consider placing a cache by the Anniversary. Which by the way, did result in a flurry (by our standards) of new caches the last couple of weeks. Sabrefan7 held a one year anniversary event that I attended. There were only 8 of us, but I blame that on both being the middle of summer (3 people who surely would have attended were out of town), and the Thursday night time. But we had a ball none the less.
ImageImage