Opencaching North America

About the Opencaching Site
Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin
Re: Opencaching North America

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:30 pm

to be honest everything as happened quickly so I thought I would just buy up the domain and check it out later... it bought me time. There are some out there that will buy up domains in order to extort money later.

Right now we have someone working on translating the site into French. Once that is done than I will contact the Provincial association and start a dialogue with them.
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:59 am

Coffee Peddlers wrote:to be honest everything as happened quickly so I thought I would just buy up the domain and check it out later... it bought me time. There are some out there that will buy up domains in order to extort money later.

Right now we have someone working on translating the site into French. Once that is done than I will contact the Provincial association and start a dialogue with them.
Well, if there is any kind of Montreal Anglophone Geocaching organization, I sure can't find them. I see several French Quebec sites though.

Opencachingspain.es just appears to take you to a spanish version of Opencaching.de? But I guess it is in Spanish.
ImageImage

NativTxn
Site Admin

Post by NativTxn » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:10 am

So...will all of Canada and Mexico caches be combined into the cache counts/active users at .US?
If you hide it, they will come!
Image Image Image
My Website

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:06 pm

Yes. We will function as one, unified site.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image