"Send to GPS" support for Magellan or Delorme?

About the Opencaching Site
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
"Send to GPS" support for Magellan or Delorme?

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:17 am

I actually posted this in the hardware sub-forum a few weeks ago, but no one has replied. I suppose that would be because it was the wrong place, and should go here? I've also deleted that post. Imagine that, a Geocaching forum where you can delete your own post!! :lol: My original post from over there, cut and pasted below:

Well, obviously this support does not exist, only for Garmin Communicator. Of course Geocaching.com has support for Garmin, Magellan and Delorme. They also have "Send to Phone", but I've never even looked at that. I would imagine Iphone, Droid and Windows Phone.

So do any other nodes have send to GPS support for Magellan or Delorme? If they do, can we get it?

I'm not really a big Pocket Query guy, being mostly a onesy-twosey sort of cacher, the overwhelming majority of my downloads have been send to GPS from the cache page or the maps. Speaking as a former Garmin user now turned Magellan user.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: "Send to GPS" support for Magellan or Delorme?

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:56 am

I agree we should try to implement this, but will need to talk to Coffee Peddlers and see what we need to do to get it done.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:12 pm

We need to get a programmer. The guy I had lined up fell through unfortunately.
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Coffee Peddlers wrote:We need to get a programmer. The guy I had lined up fell through unfortunately.
Well, get another one. :mrgreen: Sorry, couldn't resist. In the meantime, I was able to look at at least 3 of the other nodes, although I do not understand their language, it wasn't too hard to find what is the "Send to GPS" button. All only had Garmin Communicator.
ImageImage

Coffee Peddlers
Site Admin

Post by Coffee Peddlers » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Thats interesting cause they do have programmers.
Cheers
CP
Tackling Ontario's hiking trails one step at a time and now invading Michigan Trails as well.