My Finds GPX

For reporting issues with the OCNA site.
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
My Finds GPX

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:52 pm

I downloaded my finds GPX but I noticed that when I imported them into GSAK, it did not include that I'd found it (or the find date). I've not noticed this before, but can't say for sure if it is a new issue.

Anyone else see this?

Mr.Yuck - Any thoughts on fixing this?
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: My Finds GPX

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:58 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:I downloaded my finds GPX but I noticed that when I imported them into GSAK, it did not include that I'd found it (or the find date). I've not noticed this before, but can't say for sure if it is a new issue.

Anyone else see this?

Mr.Yuck - Any thoughts on fixing this?

I've never felt the need to use this, or even look for it. So I didn't break it. :mrgreen: Where do you create it? I don't see it on a quick glance of the site.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:20 pm

You can do things.

1) From the Seek a Cache page, scroll down to the bottom and Search for Logs (Found It) and enter your username.
2) Go to your My Home page and "show all" for your finds.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:54 pm

I noticed that if I download the "My Finds" search results as "GPX GC" I don't get my find dates, but it I download as the basic "GPX", I DO get my find dates. A thing to remember.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:50 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:I noticed that if I download the "My Finds" search results as "GPX GC" I don't get my find dates, but it I download as the basic "GPX", I DO get my find dates. A thing to remember.
I have uncovered evidence the Opencaching.pl people were just messing with the .gpx.xml files the other day, (automatic update) but it could be a total coincedence. You never noticed this before? I suppose I will see if I can duplicate it. Now that I know we have "my finds Pocket Queries". :mrgreen:

Oh, I know you know about the .pl log, because I discovered it in the developers forum in a thread you started, but here it is, if you don't have it handy: https://code.google.com/p/opencaching-pl/source/list
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:02 pm

No, never noticed it. I don't download my finds very often, though. But I do almost always download the GC GPX format, just to keep things as compatible as possible.

Another thing I have seen in the past and REALLY annoys me is that GSAK shows the source (src) for us (and I think all OC notes) as OX. And it can't be edited within GSAK (as far as I can see).

I THINK they may just get the source from the first letter of the waypoint. Would be nice if they could get if from the first TWO letters, but that wouldn't work for Navicache, since theirs just start with N, but the second digit could be anything.

Maybe we can check with Mr. GSAK on that.

I'm trying to finally get a good and complete DB in GSAK of ALL my geocaching finds. Think I have GS, TC, OCNA, OCDE, and Garmin complete, so far. I did noticed that the only way to download my finds from Garmin (all 4) was to download them individually AND that if a cache is archived (like 1 was), you can't download the GPX file. Had to create that one from scratch in GSAK. That ended up with the source being shown as GS. Not sure what that means, though, since the source for Grounspeak caches is generally "GC".
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:30 am

DudleyGrunt wrote:No, never noticed it. I don't download my finds very often, though. But I do almost always download the GC GPX format, just to keep things as compatible as possible.

Another thing I have seen in the past and REALLY annoys me is that GSAK shows the source (src) for us (and I think all OC notes) as OX. And it can't be edited within GSAK (as far as I can see).

I THINK they may just get the source from the first letter of the waypoint. Would be nice if they could get if from the first TWO letters, but that wouldn't work for Navicache, since theirs just start with N, but the second digit could be anything.

Maybe we can check with Mr. GSAK on that.

I'm trying to finally get a good and complete DB in GSAK of ALL my geocaching finds. Think I have GS, TC, OCNA, OCDE, and Garmin complete, so far. I did noticed that the only way to download my finds from Garmin (all 4) was to download them individually AND that if a cache is archived (like 1 was), you can't download the GPX file. Had to create that one from scratch in GSAK. That ended up with the source being shown as GS. Not sure what that means, though, since the source for Grounspeak caches is generally "GC".
I caught myself, but you know what I've done a few times as a mod? I click the button to edit someone's post, instead of the one to quote and reply. :lol:

Allrighty, why don't we give all the .gpx stuff priority No. 2. I want to get that top menu revamped. It's not that hard, I need to get off my butt and get it done. In the meantime, I will load the so-called My Finds Pocket Query into GSAK, as well as the free GSAK clone "GeoGet" which is only about a year old, and written by a guy from the Czech Republic. Do you know about that one? On the Groundspeak side, he's fully authorized to use the well-guarded, top secret Geocaching.com API.

We could bother "Mr. GSAK", but I'd also like to pester "Mr. GPS Babel". :mrgreen: If we need to, that is. And we probably will.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Oh, by the way, make that priority 2A. The blocking of all of China at Server level is going to happen. My expert whom I want there with me was just busy. I'm sure by the end of next week all of China will be blocked. This is not unusual, millions of people all over the free world do this. :lol:
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Sounds good. I'm not familiar with GeoGet.

Speaking of GSAK-like programs. I did just load GDAK (~GSAK for Android) and used it to load a DB of my TerraCaching Locationless ToDo list. Coming in very handy.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image