Edit logs

For reporting issues with the OCNA site.
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
Re: Edit logs

Post by Mr.Yuck » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:40 pm

TermiteHunter wrote:Yes, I can add a comment to an archived cache.
No, I still can not EDIT a log......not that I remember what I wanted to do with that ability now... Oh yeh, fix a typo.

Here is the cache in question:
http://opencaching.us/viewcache.php?cacheid=682

You will note a slight transposition of letters that I wanted to correct. Not an important issue worthy of requesting help from the administration but I do find it odd that I cannot edit my own entry once submitted.
I am not a programmer, of course, but I recently stumbled on the file that creates most of the goofy permissions around here. You were mistaken, TH, regular members were always blocked by the php code from editing log entires on archived caches (as well as Hidden pending approval caches, and caches blocked by the OC Team). So this is now fixed, anyone can edit their log on an archived cache.

Lots of other stuff I'm working on with the newfound knowledge of "where the permissions are", but they'll get their own thread, probably in The OCNA Website forum.
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:27 am

Well I just tried this again after archiving a missing cache. One of my first listings on the site.
I archived the cache and then wanted to offer some explanation to the archival so I went to edit the standard archival log of "Cache was archived".
I got this error

"Date format is invalid. Use format: MM/DD/YYYY"

Well that is not right since the date is automatically entered in the proper format requested.
I simply added a comment after the archive log

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:51 am

TermiteHunter wrote:Well I just tried this again after archiving a missing cache. One of my first listings on the site.
I archived the cache and then wanted to offer some explanation to the archival so I went to edit the standard archival log of "Cache was archived".
I got this error

"Date format is invalid. Use format: MM/DD/YYYY"

Well that is not right since the date is automatically entered in the proper format requested.
I simply added a comment after the archive log
Oh crud, I forgot about this post. Lemme see what's up.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:25 am

I am unable to duplicate this on any existing archived logs on my caches, but I do remember running into it once myself whist first archiving a cache in the kickassd era. I'm about ready to hire the php whiz again (benchmark cache type), so I will mention it.
ImageImage