Map - Show OCNA / Show Other OC

For reporting issues with the OCNA site.
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Map - Show OCNA / Show Other OC

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:13 pm

I'm noticing that on the map page, the options for "Show caches from OCNA" and "Show caches from other OC" don't seem to do anything. They use to.

Probably not a MAJOR thing, but thought I'd share.

Jim?
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Map - Show OCNA / Show Other OC

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:12 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:I'm noticing that on the map page, the options for "Show caches from OCNA" and "Show caches from other OC" don't seem to do anything. They use to.

Probably not a MAJOR thing, but thought I'd share.

Jim?
Hmm. Never saw that option, ever. Obviously you know that Opencaching.pl pushed a map update on us a year ago at most. I know you know, because I was the first one to notice and bring it up in the forums when I was a regular player. :mrgreen: Do they mean caches from the Garmin site, or like the handful of caches in the U.S. listed on Opencaching.de? You know me, if it was the Garmin site, I'd NEVER fix it. :lol:
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:05 pm

The latter. It would show other OC community site caches. In theory, you could use our map to see any OC community caches around the world.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:53 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:The latter. It would show other OC community site caches. In theory, you could use our map to see any OC community caches around the world.
Temporarily forgot about this one. So You could really pan over to Europe, and see caches from *ALL* the nodes (not just our "family" org.uk, .pl, and .nl?)

I was figuring it had to do with this thread http://forum.opencaching-network.org/in ... pic=2910.0 at the .eu forums, regarding a Google Maps API change that is only going to affect us, .pl, .org.uk, and .nl.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:11 pm

I think so, but it was mostly because I knew your could see .de in the US. I was actually attempting to test it, when I noticed this issue.
Dave, OCNA Team Member

Image Image