Vantage Point can't open GPX file

For reporting issues with the OCNA site.
tripman1
Vantage Point can't open GPX file

Post by tripman1 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:06 pm

I am using Vantage Point for my Triton gps and can't open GPX or GPX GC from the OCNA website. It just gives me "an error occurred during loading" message. I can download LOC just fine to VP, but description, logs, etc are missing. I think it is something in the description tag. Anyone have any similar issue that might be able to shed some light on this?
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Vantage Point can't open GPX file

Post by Mr.Yuck » Thu May 29, 2014 10:43 pm

I am a Magellan user, and have been for almost 2 1/2 years now. Wow, has it been that long? I must admit, I've never tried this through VP, I just connect Maggie as if it were an external drive, and drop the GPX into the Geocaches folder. I guess my question is, is this the first time you tried it? Did it work before, but it doesn't work now?
ImageImage

tripman1

Post by tripman1 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:24 am

I also started as a Magellan user several years ago. Currently, my issues are with the Triton series, which has the closed, proprietary protocol the Magellan won't release so it will usually only will load with VP. My workaround is with GSAK and a macro with a special program which will get the job done. Every once in a while I have a cache that for some reason will not let the process complete. I tried loading 15 caches and the one that stopped happened to be an OCNA cache. When I removed it the other 14 loaded just fine. This is definitely an ongoing issue specific to the Triton series, I was just trying to see if anyone else has some ideas how to fix this other than buying a different GPS.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:55 pm

tripman1 wrote:I also started as a Magellan user several years ago. Currently, my issues are with the Triton series, which has the closed, proprietary protocol the Magellan won't release so it will usually only will load with VP. My workaround is with GSAK and a macro with a special program which will get the job done. Every once in a while I have a cache that for some reason will not let the process complete. I tried loading 15 caches and the one that stopped happened to be an OCNA cache. When I removed it the other 14 loaded just fine. This is definitely an ongoing issue specific to the Triton series, I was just trying to see if anyone else has some ideas how to fix this other than buying a different GPS.
Sorry for the delay, and I still haven't done it, but I'll check out the Explorist. Glad there's a workaround for you!
ImageImage