Cache Disappears on Map

For reporting issues with the OCNA site.
DudleyGrunt
Site Admin
Re: Cache Disappears on Map

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Good to hear.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Ah yes, show without score!! I remember when the guy from OpenCaching.pl fixed our maps, and he did it on a test server (which no longer exists), I tested it out, and freaked out that they still weren't fixed. If I can remember correctly, he wrote me a little script that is SUPPOSED to ensure "show without score" is checked by default. Do you think you ever unchecked it an any time?

Just for laughs, I even mentioned it in a 3/28/13 news item on the main page of the site, which would have stayed there for a month:

OCNA Cache Maps Fixed! We didn't publicize it too much (although it was discussed in our forums), but our Cache Maps had moderate issues since the Google Maps API change to V3 in Mid-November. These maps are now live on the site, and we are eternally grateful to Dariusz from OpenCaching.pl for the fix. For all users, the "show without score" box should be checked by default under "Other Options". This will display all of our cache listings on the map. Admittedly, many of our more isolated caches in areas where we don't have many users do not have enough ratings for a score, and these will not show with the box unchecked. So please let us know if "show without score" is not checked by default for you. There is an official thread in our fourms should you have any observations, questions or issues.
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:47 pm

Back to the original subject,
Yes they do indeed disappear when zoomed in on at least on those with angle change at some point.
Happens on both map and sat view.
Was looking at one of mine today
Example : http://opencaching.us/viewcache.php?cacheid=1104
There is also another ion the same area that does the same.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:22 am

TermiteHunter wrote:Back to the original subject,
Yes they do indeed disappear when zoomed in on at least on those with angle change at some point.
Happens on both map and sat view.
Was looking at one of mine today
Example : http://opencaching.us/viewcache.php?cacheid=1104
There is also another ion the same area that does the same.
Finally I can duplicate one of your issues!!! :lol: However, I can only do it on Sat, it still works on the map at the lowest zoom level. The culprit is obviously the "angle change", we'll call it. I have 4 caches in the same park, and you can get to the map say with this one, and it happens to all 4 with a sat zoom in and the "angle change".

I will contact the guy from OCPL who fixed our maps. He was very fast and helpful the first time, lets hope he has some free time this time.
ImageImage