Search User

For reporting issues with the OCNA site.
TermiteHunter
Site Admin
Search User

Post by TermiteHunter » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:40 pm

I thought it was just me and a lack of spelling skills or user names that were slightly different from what I thought they were but it appears the "Search User" function on the Cache site does not work.
i can't even find myself with it.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Search User

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:53 pm

TermiteHunter wrote:I thought it was just me and a lack of spelling skills or user names that were slightly different from what I thought they were but it appears the "Search User" function on the Cache site does not work.
i can't even find myself with it.
Sorry, yeah, it was broken I'll say around August, worked fine up until that. You are not imagining it. It's actually one of the highest priorities around here, especially since fixing "nearest caches on Terracaching.com" is on hold on their end. If it's any consolation, the more advanced version for the admins still works fine. :mrgreen: Just kidding though, we know about it, and are working on it. I consider it a very important feature.
ImageImage

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:27 am

You just never know if I can fix something or not, but I always try. This is MOSTLY fixed. I do not believe wildcards work at this time. But if you know the username, and get it right, it does work now.

I remember what broke this, and it was early August. I was trying to update the Postfix email server software only, but I ended up updating every software package available for Apache and Ubuntu. I told the admins to be on the lookout for any bugs that arose, and so far, this seems to have been the only one. I'll keep working on the wildcard thing.
ImageImage

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Post by DudleyGrunt » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:20 am

Cool! Thanks.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:33 pm

DudleyGrunt wrote:Cool! Thanks.
I think I'm going to need help on getting the wildcard to work again. I hope TH saw this. Man, these forums are as dead as ever. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Post by TermiteHunter » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:47 am

Saw it. Never really used the wild card.

My local forum has turned into a slow munzee forum lately. Dead everywhere.

UMainah

Post by UMainah » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:53 pm

TermiteHunter wrote:Saw it. Never really used the wild card.

My local forum died also. Facebook is what did it in.

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:11 pm

UMainah wrote:
TermiteHunter wrote:Saw it. Never really used the wild card.

My local forum died also. Facebook is what did it in.
Local forums dead everywhere, "Regional" forums on Geocaching.com dead for years, Even the "busy" forums on Geocaching.com way down over what they used to be. Blast you, Facebook.

Well, as long as the spammers continue to leave us alone (I probably jinxed myself there), we're not going anywhere. I won't ever let it get to the point where there hasn't been a post of any kind in Months. I'll post stuff myself just for the sake of it.

You guys made me realize we never had any kind of counters or analytics on the forums ONLY. I've just set that up. And I'll probably report back here in the forums after a while. We've settled into a colder months average of 80-90 visitors to the website itself a day, it will be interesting to see how many people at least look here daily. :mrgreen:
ImageImage