Missing move distance and time

For reporting issues with the OCNA site.
TermiteHunter
Site Admin
Missing move distance and time

Post by TermiteHunter » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:56 am

Time: 0:10 h Distance to Travel: b.d.

The above line is included on moving cache pages (along with a clock icon before the word time and a move icon before distance)
I have never noted any functionality in this line.

Time never changes, always 0:10 h. perhaps this is supposed to be the time since it was last moved.
Not really sure how the distance would operate since there is no method for movers to input the data unless it kept track of each change in the coordinates provided by the CO and added that up for a distance or just posted the distance between the last two coordinates.

It must have had a function that worked in Poland at one time. Would be curious to look at another OC nodes moving cache page to see if it works.

DudleyGrunt
Site Admin

Re: Missing move distance and time

Post by DudleyGrunt » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Interesting. Will have to check that out.
Dave, OCNA Team Member
For the smiles, not the smilies.
Maryland Geocaching Society

Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Re: Missing move distance and time

Post by Mr.Yuck » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Mystery solved. Time and distance to travel appears on Unknown, Virtuals, Multi's and Moving Caches. (I did not check the really obscure ones such as Dead Drop and MP3) The time, .10 h never changes because YOU have never edited it on the cache submission form. Distance to travel will say b.d. if you leave it at 0. Does that mean "be determined"? I don't know, the opencaching.org.uk people converted opencaching.pl to English.

These are the instructions for those fields on our cache submission form:

Time and distance to travel often depends on external conditions, so if you are having trouble with estimating this data, you should enter zeros to the fields above. This kind of data is useful for example in multicache or event cache types.
ImageImage