Duplicate long description in GPX

For reporting issues with the OCNA site.
Bananeweizen
Duplicate long description in GPX

Post by Bananeweizen » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:04 am

For some caches you put the description twice into the GPX. I suspect this happens only for caches that require a password, since the description of such caches seems to be modified on the fly during GPX generation. Example caches: OU0ACB or OU0ACA. Just download their GPX and compare the long_description field against the description of the same cache in the website output.

Initially reported as bug in cgeo, but that issue occurs also without using cgeo: https://github.com/cgeo/cgeo/issues/6808.

Bon Echo
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate long description in GPX

Post by Bon Echo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:13 pm

Yep, there it is:

<groundspeak:long_description html="True">Note! This cache requires a log password - take a notebook along!Sunday, November 5, 2017, 5:00 to 5:30 pm
Infiltrate the GC movies event Stealthily ask me for the logging password Ssshhhh Tell no one Or Tell anyone you think would get involved

Sunday, November 5, 2017, 5:00 to 5:30 pm

Infiltrate the GC movies event Stealthily ask me for the logging password Ssshhhh Tell no one Or Tell anyone you think would get involved
<br></groundspeak:long_description>

The phrase "Note! This cache requires a log password - take a notebook along!" is not part of the cache description, I guess that gets auto-generated when there is a logging password. And it appears to add a second copy of the description.

ithink314

Post by ithink314 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:22 pm

Ironically, on a related issue, for those same event caches with password specified, the password is not really required to log an Attended for events. A small note on the logging page says this - only required for Found, and testing shows any or no password can be used with an Attended log.
Image Image

Mr.Yuck
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:44 pm

I am looking at this. I'm settled in Virginia, and back to opencaching, by the way. :-)
ImageImage