Garbled Emails

For reporting issues with the OCNA site.
Mr.Yuck
Site Admin
Re: Garbled Emails

Post by Mr.Yuck » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Bumpity bump. We got an email relay provider a few weeks ago. We'd never used one before. I just noticed at the 2nd backup, 3rd email address I receive all the emails sent to octeam at Opencaching.us (which includes new cache submissions) were no longer "garbled". Previously, all new cache submissions coming into that email address were garbled, but I never thought anything of it, being that it was the 2nd back-up. And not all emails to that address were garbled, just the new cache submissions. So there you go, that could be solved for almost everyone now. Not that I was intentionally trying to fix it or anything. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

TermiteHunter
Site Admin

Re: Garbled Emails

Post by TermiteHunter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:03 pm

I have solved my garbled email issue.
Change my provider.
Now that I am on ATT's Uverse I have had no problem with messages from OCNA.
Unfortunately I had switched a while back and can't test the solutions that have been tried.

Now that I am getting logs and such along with the DG and SFCC visit to the area for the DCC and my own earlier contest I have paid more attention to the " A new log has been posted to one of your caches" mailings.
I just find this "bug" weird and not a real problem. It's just a matter of sloppy "if / then" programming.

The following is at the end of each e-mail following any logs that were entered:

A new log has been posted to a watched cache: No new log entry.

Really it should check for a log before printing the line of text eliminating the need to print " No new log entry."
But hey that's how it was written and it works. Just feels off.